Never say Never... a Hi Standard "Covert" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Never say Never... a Hi Standard "Covert"

GOOFA
06-13-2010, 00:20
I remember saying on several occasions that I would never buy a HS, well one caught my eye the other day while I was picking up my new Kahr so I took a look at it and for its price it felt and for the most part looked pretty damn good, so I bought it. The next 72 hours (waiting period) I was kicking myself in the ass for throwing the money away. So I picked it up Thursday evening and went through it Friday AM and was more depressed. I've been used to EB's, LB's, DW's, up till now, so this scared me. So after a good cleaning I went over the throat and put a pair of Larry Davidson Horned Lizard G10 grips and managed to get to the range and put through a 150 rounds of 230gr FMJ from 3 different manufacturers.
What I'm about to tell you is the whole truth. At 21 feet, offhand I managed to produce one ragged hole of less than 3" with not one flyer. The range master almost s*** in his pants :rofl: and I was in disbelief. ARMSCOR has done wonderful things to this firearm all for a price below $500. I thought I was to old to put my foot in my mouth, I guess not.:dunno:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4056/4695417244_c3e1811338_d.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4035/4695416062_93180520b7_d.jpg

GuNDeZZZ
06-13-2010, 00:23
Nice, hows the fitment? Ive looked at these online. I had a Rock Island Armory Tactical for a few months, actually loved that gun.

GOOFA
06-13-2010, 00:49
The weakest feature of this pistol is the "parkerized finish" and that's fine by me. The slide to frame fit is very good, as is the barrel lock-up, the trigger is much better than expected, the sighting is right on, the grip safety is nicely fitted, plastic MSH (seems to be the norm for guns costing twice this much). The only questionable part that is a bit loose is the slide stop, an easy repair.

GuNDeZZZ
06-13-2010, 00:53
The weakest feature of this pistol is the "parkerized finish" and that's fine by me. The slide to frame fit is very good, as is the barrel lock-up, the trigger is much better than expected, the sighting is right on, the grip safety is nicely fitted, plastic MSH (seems to be the norm for guns costing twice this much). The only questionable part that is a bit loose is the slide stop, an easy repair.

Any chance you could post pics of the internals?