Grizzly Cartridge Co. Ammo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Cartridge Co. Ammo

07 LMB Z06
06-13-2010, 15:50
This topic was posted awhile ago, but I thought a new thread might be a better way to generate feedback than refreshing an old one.

Midway has had a page for 10mm 180gr JHP ammo by Grizzly Cartridge Co., and it has always said, "Coming Soon" next to status. I just checked and the status now says, "Staging." Is this a step forward or back? Under the general definition of staging I would think this means the product is getting prepped and ready to be sold on the site.

If anyone knows anything about these processes, is staging very close to being fully available?

Here's a link:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=119057

I have been looking forward to this round. 1400 fps and over 700 lb/ft if I remember correctly from the last thread.

Thanks.

freakshow10mm
06-13-2010, 16:07
Yes, staging means being prepped for sale. In FTF retail it means setting up the shelving, setting signage, and updating the price system and shipping system to be synchronized.

10mm Universe
06-27-2010, 00:07

cowboywannabe
06-27-2010, 18:09
lots of small companies coming out with true 10mm loads, swamp fox, grizzly, bitter root ridge or something like that........

i'll wait to see if they sustain themselves before i buy from a start up small company with no researchable history. wish them all luck though, but for now i buy from established places only.

freakshow10mm
06-27-2010, 21:41
Grizzly is the ammunition division of Cast Performance bullets. Bitterroot Valley Ammunition Company (BVAC) has been around for several years and has direct ties to the ATK family of companies. Never heard of Swamp Fox. I've been around for 3+ years, DTA has been around a couple years longer than that, Georgia Arms has been around a few decades as has PCI (Precision Cartridge Inc). Elite Ammunition is a newer company made a name for themselves with the 5.7x28 ammunition. Spoke with the owner on the phone last week or before. Good guy.

One thing is I don't think we are seeing a lot of new companies per se, more that the small companies are realizing the marketing power of the Internet and we are now hearing about them.

Even though it's competition for me I welcome it to keep quality high and prices competitive.