A++ TruGlo Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A++ TruGlo Sights

AZBru88
06-13-2010, 21:36
:thumbsup:Just shot my G26 today about 450 rounds through it between my granddaughter and myself. I put the TruGlo fiber optic red front/green rear sights on it. Love the contrast! Very quick to pick up. Was shooting mostly at 8 yards, able to call my shots! At 26 yards my 8" spinner I was about 40%. Very happy with the sights. So will order another set tomorrow, and put them on both my G17's.
We shot about 800 rounds today. Nice day out with the granddaughter. She brought out her S&W 642 with CT's. She decided she really liked my G17 with CT's and rubber grip tape. I think she will really like my G19C when I get it.
All in all a great day, doesn't get any better then spending time with your granddaughter and shooting! A++ to the TruGlo's!

BiggJohn
06-13-2010, 23:30
I've got the TFO's on my G23 and love them. They're an improvement over the Meprolights I had on it. The TFO's are just as bright during the day as they are at night. The Meprolights are now on my G35 HD gun with the TLR-1.

AZBru88
06-14-2010, 07:57
BigJohn did you go with the green/green or the green/yellow combo? It was a tough decision, I almost went with the green/yellow combo. But decided with the CT really didn't need the night sights. The red/green combo really stands out for me (only during the day and low light) We shot till about an hour after dark last night. Pretty much useless after it got really dark. But I have a big problem with non contrasting night sights (mix up the dots). So I'll stay with the CT's. Ya I carry a TLR-2 on my HD (nightstand) G17.

BiggJohn
06-14-2010, 16:45
I've only seen the TFO's available in Green/Green. I can't find a reason to mix up the colors on mine.

SouthpawShootr
06-14-2010, 18:15
I put yellow(rears)/green(front) on my G32 and G21. The contrast is enough to easily pickup and the yellows are brighter at night than the red or orange. I had orange/green regular night sights on a S&W 457 and hated the combination. The rears were so dim that it kept screwing up my focal point as my eyes tried to do their job of aligning the sights. The green rear/orange front on the original Blackwater Sig 226s were almost universally reviled due to the orange being much dimmer than green. With TFOs you're helped quite a bit by the fiber optic element and the light that it transmits. Try them out in complete darkness and there may be an issue (I don't know that there is, just my experience with regular nightsights in these colors :dunno: ).

AZBru88
06-14-2010, 18:34
Ya Southpaw we shot for an hour after dark, the Fiber Optics are pretty useless. Thats when the Crimson Trace shine brightest though!

packinaglock
06-14-2010, 18:52
I love the TFO's I have them on my G26 & G27