Twangy Trigger? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Twangy Trigger?

Ian
06-14-2010, 09:56
Purchased on of these beauties on Saturday.
Racked it a few hundred times to loosen it up a little, as I have done all previous Glocks (8th Glock).
This one, however, really hurt my trigger finger, and made a pinging noise when dry fired.
I put about 120 rounds through it on Sunday, and it performed perfectly.
Accurate, not much recoil, no stoppages whatsoever.
The last 5 rounds though, the slide was returning to the battery in slow motion (very weird to look at) I believe that it was just dirty, and needed a good detail strip (could be the recoil spring though, as it was somewhat difficult to replace).
Any ideas as to what I can do to stop the pain and blistering on the trigger finger pad?
Thanks,
Ian

Dave T
06-14-2010, 09:59
A lot of people prefer the smooth triggers and replace the grooved ones for that reason. Unfortunately Glock doesn't offer a smooth trigger for the G36. About the only alternative is an application of Dremmel, which should be done carefully. A little Dremmel goes a long way! (smile)

Dave

Ian
06-14-2010, 10:19
Aha! That's what it is.
Thanks.
Suprised that one is not available aftermarket.

tuica
06-14-2010, 13:47
Yes, this is my "carry a lot-shoot just enough to remain proficient" choice. "Twangy" a good description of trigger feel. Good Luck

Jim S.
06-15-2010, 18:59
Don't need a dremmel for the trigger.
Start with 400g sandpaper and finish it with 800 or 1000g.
I took mine out of the gun and sanded on it until it felt good.
I think it would be too easy to sand more off than you wanted to with the dremmel.

CanyonMan
06-17-2010, 13:02
Don't need a dremmel for the trigger.
Start with 400g sandpaper and finish it with 800 or 1000g.
I took mine out of the gun and sanded on it until it felt good.
I think it would be too easy to sand more off than you wanted to with the dremmel.

First rule of thumb. Dremmels and guns don't mix to well. ;)
Yes I have used the dremmel on firearms at times, who has'nt ? But there are places to tread and places not to. That trigger would be a "not to' for me. I agree with Jim here. Take the trigger bar out and use the sand paper in increments of ruff to smooth, till YOU like it.

Also, ""Twangy" eh? Man mine (36) is new, qith about 400rds of everything you can think of all most run through it and shoots great. I did however (as usual) take it down all the way, and smotth things up and got all the factory goop out, and use my own oil. I did a very light (wth the fingers and a wooden dowel rod and a few dozen patches) polish job on the feed ramp and the chamber. Just what i do with all my glocks when I get em'. Never once a problem feeding everything. Sounds like you may have some crud slowin down the slide, but I'd more lean toward the guide rod. As you know, there pretty crappy.

No matter what i did with mine, it feels like a good 6-7 # trigger pull. All is smooth, and the gun runs perfect, so I'll leave it alone (for now). ;)

Good luck with it and good shooting.

CanyonMan