G-20 mods.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G-20 mods..

Maine1
06-14-2010, 19:08
I have EDC'ed my G-20 for about 3 years now, and i love it as much as the 21 it replaced.
I am considering getting an SF model, but with three glocks of the same frame size, its kinda hard to justify the expense.

I am considering doing a grip reduction myself to get the SF effect and save the cash for brass and bullets. If it works, i may follow suit on the others.

Has anyone seen/heard of anyone who mods the slides of fullsize glocks, specifically rounding ghe edges of the forward portion of the slide, similar to the compact models? Think there will be enough weight reduction to bother cycling?

DakPara
06-15-2010, 13:18
Don't know of any melted slide mod-ers, but...

I would highly recommend www.gripreductions.com (http://www.gripreductions.com) for the reduction. Dale there did mine and it is perfect. Many options are available.

I had the reduction done on a G20SF because that will give the smallest grip possible. The SF has a smaller/shorter ejector housing as compared to the standard G20 that allows a more aggressive reduction.

My mods so far:

1. Gripreductions.com - smooth carry with magwell
2. Zev Fulcrum trigger
3. Glockmeister tungsten guide rod with ISMI 22 lb recoil spring
4. Fulcrum trigger spring / stock striker spring
5. TruGlow TFO night sights (green/yellow)
6. Surefire X400 light/laser
7. Titanium pin kit (just for the heck of it, looks cool)

I tried the LaserLite RL-1 laser rear sight, but not a fan.

Easily my favorite handgun now, but G32C a fairly close second.

6covered
06-15-2010, 14:58
I had Bowie Tactical do my G29 and am more than pleased.

www.bowietacticalconcepts.com

Dave is a great guy and easy to work with. I plan on him doing
a G20 when I find a deal on one.

Jon

Maine1
06-15-2010, 15:23
Bowie will do the slides, too. I found him last night online , I knew someone did it, just could not remember who.

With your grip reductions, did you have the finger grooves removed? What type of texturing did you get?