Acer Aspire One and SSD goodness! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Acer Aspire One and SSD goodness!

archeryislife
06-14-2010, 20:18
Got an acer one netbook from a friend. It had a dead hard drive and we could not recover it. He was completely disgusted with it anyway and wanted to be rid of it.

I was in need of a netbook that could fit in the saddle bag of my bike so I bought from him and installed an intel x-25V SSD. I upgraded RAM to 2GB and loaded Win 7 Pro(only copy I had).

It boots and runs as fast or faster then high end laptops and I'm completely impressed with the performance.

It's an expensive upgrade but well worth it. Press the power button and 25 seconds later your using Microsoft Word, cool.

Drjones
06-14-2010, 21:41
Thanks for the post. I sooooooo want an SSD its not even funny.

How do you figure its an expensive upgrade? The X-25V is $117 on Amazon - I consider that a reasonable upgrade considering the performance boost most people see from the part.

What model Aspire One do you have? I had a 751 that I gave to my mom & bought myself a 1410. I'm really, really happy with the 1410. I'd put an SSD in that, but it's not my primary system and I'm so happy with the performance as-is.

archeryislife
06-14-2010, 22:51
I have the D150, I really like it. It's a nice little machine.

Compared to standard HDD, the price per GB is quite high so in that respect it's pricey, but I completely agree the performance is well worth it.

I was just drooling over the Crucial SATA 6 SSD's. Wow are those cool.
http://www.crucial.com/store/partspecs.aspx?IMODULE=CTFDDAC256MAG-1G1