A New Friend [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A New Friend

tmfisher57
06-15-2010, 16:52
Howdy! Been reading thin to win for a couple months now and just wanted to drop a note to you all. For one thank you. I've been looking for a small .45 for daily carry for a while now, and narrowed it to a G36 or a PM45. This site has helped me spend my hard earned money on the right gun, the G36. I bought the gun in late April and now have 575 FLAWLESS rounds through it!!! Most of those are reloads, and it runs everything! +P, not a prob, light reloads for plinking, all day long. I love this gun. The 1911 has been replaced and I carry this thing everywhere. The wife has to remind me to "take off the Glock" at bed time!:rofl: I look foward to growing old with my new friend. So again guys, Thank you for helping a guy out, with the money I saved vs. the Kahr, I bought a Don Hume leather IWB holster, a Blackhawk CQB and plenty of ammo!! A win win situation!

P.S. I know you guys like pics and will try to get some up, sorry!

Jim S.
06-15-2010, 18:55
Nice to hear that you like your 36.
Mine works perfectly too.
It's a nice little 45 that is easy to carry.
Do you curl your little finger under the mag?
That's how I like shooting it because I don't care for the +1's or +0's.
Hope it serves you well.
I recently passed 10,000 rounds through mine. (I shoot a lot)

Brent10mm
06-15-2010, 19:09
Good choice, glad you like it.:wavey:

G36 is on my side as I speak...
I really like that thing, big power, reliable, accurate and perfect size, well... hand cannon...
yeah I confess; slept with it on me no problems...:rofl:

tmfisher57
06-15-2010, 19:26
Nice to hear that you like your 36.
Mine works perfectly too.
It's a nice little 45 that is easy to carry.
Do you curl your little finger under the mag?
That's how I like shooting it because I don't care for the +1's or +0's.
Hope it serves you well.
I recently passed 10,000 rounds through mine. (I shoot a lot)

I love the gun! It definately likes near max load for reloads! Started low and it shot great but didn't have enough oomph to cycle another round, and I didn't want to rack the slide for every shot so up'd the powder charge and found a great CHEAP load for it.. Anybody know about shooting lead bullets? I've had people say no way with a glock and I've had guys say they've had no problems..???? I could trim a few pennies and keep momma on good terms........ For a while! :dunno::embarassed: As for my Little finger my hand is just small enough to fit, barely. I put the Pearce +0 on my mags and really like them, but don't need em' either. I tried the +1 and hated it, made the grip to long and looked like crap, I think anyways!

Brent10mm
06-15-2010, 20:22
I have about 500+ loaded up with 230gr Hp berry's plated, for targets and plinking... they like a stiff load of power pistol, and are damn accurate. not much more $ than lead.
If you really want to shoot lead, get a lone wolf barrel,
http://www.lonewolfdist.com/Detail.aspx?PROD=1791&CAT=238
shoot all the lead you want...

tmfisher57
06-15-2010, 20:43
I have about 500+ loaded up with 230gr Hp berry's plated, for targets and plinking... they like a stiff load of power pistol, and are damn accurate. not much more $ than lead.

Thanks for that. Ya, those are the same bullets I use, they're cheap and great to shoot. I use Imr Trailboss powder also!! It works great only 17.99 a pound also. It sure makes for some good cheap shootin'!

gunslinger3
06-15-2010, 20:59
Welcome

One day we will rule the world!!!:upeyes:

glock192327
06-18-2010, 15:10

What he said.......^^^^^^