Motorola Droid Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Droid Question

wrenrj1
06-15-2010, 18:39
This phone is amazing! I'm still learning the ins and outs, but it's the best phone I've had to date. QUESTION: When downloading a free ringtone app from the market, how do you get it in to the ringtone list? I downloaded a Startrek ringtone app that gives me access to the sounds, however no mechanism to get them into the right place! Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mikegun
06-15-2010, 18:54
Some of the apps are difficult to install, and some do not exist anymore as they did not work, most do work ive never had any trouble except when installing widgets and wallpaper seperatly, u will figure it out

wrenrj1
06-15-2010, 19:04
I can get the app to download, but selecting the ringtones and getting them in the right place to use as a ringtone is my challenge.

KharToon
06-15-2010, 21:26
Usually long press the one you want and then select "set as ringtone"

wrenrj1
06-16-2010, 18:45
That worked!, but I haven't figured out how you can then set the same ringtone as a notification for email for example. Also, how do you delete apps? I've tried holding them down and dragging them to the trashcan, but they still end up being there.

Specks
06-16-2010, 19:28
From the home screen, press the menu button, select settings, applications, manage applications. From there select the application you want to uninstall, then press the uninstall button.

wrenrj1
06-16-2010, 19:33
From the home screen, press the menu button, select settings, applications, manage applications. From there select the application you want to uninstall, then press the uninstall button.

Stupid question, which is the menu button?

Specks
06-16-2010, 19:50
The one with 4 horizontal lines.