Handled a Super Carry Pro today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Handled a Super Carry Pro today

Hokie1911
06-15-2010, 18:44
Was at Fin, Feathers, and Fur picking up my ProCarry2 today and was waiting at the counter for my paperwork to be run, and noticed they had a SCP2 so I got a chance to play with it for a few minutes. Felt REALLY good in hand. Nice and light. Fit and finish seemed really nice. Crisp trigger. The scaling(?) was really grippy too. I was impressed. Seemed like a nice pistola for sure. Asking price was $1,299.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/products/pistols/supercarry/small_supercarry_pro.jpg

Fire_Medic
06-15-2010, 18:48
My million dollar question, is it a series 70? :supergrin:

HAIL CAESAR
06-15-2010, 19:12
It is a series 70. It is a decent gun, if you can get past the Ed Brown wannabe fish scales that IMO are very tacky. Almost looked like a pimp gun.

Rinspeed
06-15-2010, 19:16
I think they're pretty cool and I really like the fact they are series I but that is a lot of money for a Kimber.

HAIL CAESAR
06-15-2010, 19:19
But it is a "Custom Shop" gun that gets all kinds of special treatment....:whistling:

:rofl:

Hokie1911
06-15-2010, 19:19
It is a series 70. It is a decent gun, if you can get past the Ed Brown wannabe fish scales that IMO are very tacky. Almost looked like a pimp gun.

After shooting Quack's KobraCarry a few days ago that was my first thought holding it......poor man's wanna-be KC. Although, I do like it better than the Raptor, JMHO. $1,300 is right in the CBOB range, which I would take every day and twice on Sunday over the SuperCarry.

HAIL CAESAR
06-15-2010, 19:21
After shooting Quack's KobraCarry a few days ago that was my first thought holding it......poor man's wanna-be KC. Although, I do like it better than the Raptor, JMHO. $1,300 is right in the CBOB range, which I would take every day and twice on Sunday over the SuperCarry.

I agree with you wholeheartedly.

Fire_Medic
06-15-2010, 19:26
Thanks to the both of you for your info. :wavey:

glock2740
06-15-2010, 20:28
I like them alot, but wish they were all stainless or at least a stainless finished frame. I'm not a huge bi-tone fan. And that gun, with all it's neat features, needs to be offered in an all stainless finish.

bac1023
06-15-2010, 20:58
My million dollar question, is it a series 70? :supergrin:

Yes it is. :thumbsup:

bac1023
06-15-2010, 20:58
Was at Fin, Feathers, and Fur picking up my ProCarry2 today and was waiting at the counter for my paperwork to be run, and noticed they had a SCP2 so I got a chance to play with it for a few minutes. Felt REALLY good in hand. Nice and light. Fit and finish seemed really nice. Crisp trigger. The scaling(?) was really grippy too. I was impressed. Seemed like a nice pistola for sure. Asking price was $1,299.

http://www.kimberamerica.com/images/products/pistols/supercarry/small_supercarry_pro.jpg

I was impressed as well when I handled one last week.

That price looks nice, compared to some others I've seen.

sargespd
06-16-2010, 00:20
Aw, dammit. I have been drooling over the Super Carry Pro since I saw the first pics. I have actually driven to FFF from Cincinnati once before to pick up a pistol from a Gunbroker auction, so it would not be out of the realm of possibility for me to head to Ashland for this one. Problem is, I got no $$$ to spend! For those who recommend other pistols for the $1200, my deal is that 1, I am a lefty so having an ambi safety already installed is a plus. 2, I actually really like the two tone finish, I can remember when they first became popular. 3, the bobbed grip is a plus, and I have seen nothing in the $1200 range that has the combination of 1,2,and 3. I gotta get some extra cash, for the gun and for the gas to drive to Ashland! Crap, even more for the holsters I need! @#%^^&#@#$

sargespd
06-16-2010, 01:14
Oh, and I forgot #4, the aluminum frame makes this a + for me as a daily carry gun, possibly on and off duty.