DFA contacts...new passport...rush.. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : DFA contacts...new passport...rush..

paltiq
06-15-2010, 23:38
mga pare patulong naman po...my sister badly needs a passport for her july 12 trip...anyone na pwedeng malapitan po? pls. thanks!

CatsMeow
06-15-2010, 23:55
Try Jundeleon over at the buy and sell thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1204079&page=8

mtho
06-16-2010, 00:05
if she is a government employee and has an id she could just walk in and fall in line on the government employees lane, which should be a short line. and no need for a schedule in advance. same applies for senior citizens

z_e_n
06-16-2010, 00:38
if she is a government employee and has an id she could just walk in and fall in line on the government employees lane, which should be a short line. and no need for a schedule in advance. same applies for senior citizens
Effective ba special agent mtho? :supergrin:

jasonub
06-16-2010, 01:18
1 week lang nakaschedule ka na at matatapos half day. Try the new electronic passport mas maikli ang pila.

I did not get the electronic pasport but yung standard. nainggit ako sa naka electronic. walang tao sa pila :)

mtho
06-16-2010, 02:24
if i'm not mistaken, if you make your appointment now ang schedule mo ay sa september na. thats according to my brother who recently lost his passport.

jasonub
06-16-2010, 04:37
really tagal naman sobra

jawel
06-16-2010, 05:18
matagal ngayon kahit sa mga probinsya, exept kung senior citizen ka, ako akala ko mabilis dahil nandito ako sa cagayan de oro nag apply ganun din more than one month bago ang schedule, they only allow 200 max persons a day.

randr1979
06-16-2010, 05:44
dinadahan dahan, gusto na kasing umalis lahat nang tao. buti na lang isla tayo, kung nakadikit tayo sa ibang landmass, naubos na siguro tao.

mtho
06-16-2010, 08:58
di bale madami naman tayo, kayang kaya gumawa ng bago. thats how you conquer the world.

mtho
06-16-2010, 09:05
http://www.passport.com.ph/

Taurus
06-17-2010, 02:29
I applied for the renewal of my passport last February through the DFA website and my appointment for the processing of the application was scheduled on June 24. They said there were a number of glitches in the electronic passport system. The passport will be issued around 10 working days after the appointment; sometimes longer.

According to the travel agency used by my office, my current non-electronic passport will not be recognized in a number of countries, specially in Europe. I was able to use it to travel to Hong Kong in April but that's about as far as I can go at the moment.

bagito
06-17-2010, 03:18
I applied for the renewal of my passport last February through the DFA website and my appointment for the processing of the application was scheduled on June 24. They said there were a number of glitches in the electronic passport system. The passport will be issued around 10 working days after the appointment; sometimes longer.

According to the travel agency used by my office, my current non-electronic passport will not be recognized in a number of countries, specially in Europe. I was able to use it to travel to Hong Kong in April but that's about as far as I can go at the moment.

which european country sir? my parents just visited us here in UK last month wala naman po problema sa old green passport nila. nagamit din po nila para pumunta sa italy and france without any problem.

Taurus
06-17-2010, 03:35
which european country sir? my parents just visited us here in UK last month wala naman po problema sa old green passport nila. nagamit din po nila para pumunta sa italy and france without any problem.

I'm not sure, but from what I remember old-style passports issued after a particular date - I'm not sure about the date either - will not be honored anymore. In my case my passport was issued after the cut-off date, so I had to get an electronic one.

mtho
06-17-2010, 05:44
Taurus,
dont you have a consultants id issued by a government agency? i was contamplating on using that and walkin on the passport renewal application.

Taurus
06-17-2010, 08:02
Taurus,
dont you have a consultants id issued by a government agency? i was contamplating on using that and walkin on the passport renewal application.

Mark, wala eh. Dapat pala kumuha ako nung Makati AnCar consultant's id...

alphaq
06-19-2010, 23:43
I just made an appointment to get epassport. just call Teleserve hotline 7371000.. The earliest appointment i got was july 15. Travel agencies however offering september 15 appointment. Wtf! Our DFA IS DOING A DIS-SERVICE TO THE FILIPINOS! 1-3 months for a passport?! Is the dfa running for a Guinness World Record? What Incompetence and red tape..

isuzu
06-19-2010, 23:47
I just made an appointment to get epassport. just call Teleserve hotline 7371000.. The earliest appointment i got was july 15. Travel agencies however offering september 15 appointment. Wtf! Our DFA IS DOING A DIS-SERVICE TO THE FILIPINOS! 1-3 months for a passport?! Is the dfa running for a Guinness World Record? What Incompetence and red tape..

If that's the case, plan way ahead before you travel. The DFA is switching to machine-readable passports and you have to have your fingerprints taken electronically. From what I learned, this process takes longer than the old passport. Machine-readable passports also give the user a lot of convenience at the immigration counter.

mtho
06-20-2010, 00:18
there was a time early this year 1 week lang. i guess madami nagaaply ng passport

PMMA97
06-20-2010, 02:33
Nagkagulo ang mga travel agencies with regards to appointments mula nung lumipat ang DFA sa MOA.

Pilipinas Teleserv pa din ang pinaka mabilis....Yata.

jundeleon
06-22-2010, 22:56
If you need anything from DFA, please contact directly;

Roman Leonardo, president of Iriga Travel.
He has a small office near DFA.

He helped me get passports (brown) for my family and also for DFA authentication (red ribbon) for business documents.

His mobile number is 0919 357 7486. Just tell him I referred you to him.

Thanks.