NITESITERS.com?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NITESITERS.com??

powder86
06-16-2010, 18:40
Anybody tried this stuff from NITESITERS.com? I'm in the market for some night sights and I'm a poor college student. I know the glow in the dark paint stuff isn't great... but I need a cheap option!

Advice? Ideas?

tk47
06-16-2010, 18:55
Either spring for some cheapo night sights or just leave the ones you have as is. Being in same situation a year ago i tried this stuff and:

1. Application is a pain, it's like trying to apply old chunky white-out.
2. They only glow for about 30 seconds at a time and that's only if you hold the sights directly in front of a light source for the same amount of time.
3. The fluoresent half-life of stuff like this seems to only be a couple of weeks.
4. This may not apply to you but for me during the day being able to see every little imperfection with the paint annoyed me to no end.

I paid like $12 for my stuff and in the end I didn't think it was worth it, just order a pizza instead you'll feel better about it in the end.

RayB
06-17-2010, 13:36
...just order a pizza instead you'll feel better about it in the end.

How many times in my long life do I wish I had done just that! :sigh:

You're a wise man, tk47. :thumbsup:

--Ray

tampashooters
06-19-2010, 09:20
They suck. Don't waste your money on stickers that fall off in a few hours.

leatherman
06-19-2010, 09:26
correct tampashooters,they also took my money,trash

citori59
06-19-2010, 13:38
Good to know. I was going to send them my 15 bucks.

TRMN8R
06-19-2010, 13:58
Don't waste your time or money, let alone the aggrevation, on this crap.

Triple white dots or contrast sights are better than any flourescent or luminescent sights I've "seen" yet. Piss-poor substitute for night sights.

If you truly have to go "on the cheap", just get (or maybe just start out with) a tritium front post, or possibly even just a Hi-Viz front post until you get a few more nickels to rub together.

powder86
06-19-2010, 19:43
THANKS guys! I'll steer clear of this stuff.