Yet another n00b question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Yet another n00b question

Cerebrus
06-17-2010, 10:46
So how difficult would it be to get a commander length slide and barrel to fit an officer sized frame? As I have been looking around on gunbroker and seeing a few reasonable deals on slides. This is nothing that is going to happen anytime soon. I am just curious is all. The frame that I want to fit it to would be a Kimber ultra carry II.

Quack
06-17-2010, 10:51
The dust cover will probably be too short for the commander slide.

Hokie1911
06-17-2010, 11:01
So how difficult would it be to get a commander length slide and barrel to fit an officer sized frame? As I have been looking around on gunbroker and seeing a few reasonable deals on slides. This is nothing that is going to happen anytime soon. I am just curious is all. The frame that I want to fit it to would be a Kimber ultra carry II.

So you have little girlie hands.....ummmm, or is this uhhhh, for your wife like the pink grips? :tongueout:

Cerebrus
06-17-2010, 11:45
So you have little girlie hands.....ummmm, or is this uhhhh, for your wife like the pink grips? :tongueout:
No the pink grips are for her Delta elite ya goof.. I already have the kimber.. if u had been payin attention to some of my earlier pix you would know this..I am just curious if it is feasible to stick a larger slide on it is all

bac1023
06-17-2010, 12:24

Kimber pretty much does that with their compact models, though its a 4" barrel.

Cerebrus
06-17-2010, 17:29
Kimber pretty much does that with their compact models, though its a 4" barrel.
So theoretically I could get a pro slide and that might work?

Quack
06-17-2010, 17:55
there will still be a gap at the dustcover.
i think the Compact uses a longer dust cover to mate up with the Pro slide.

Cerebrus
06-17-2010, 21:43
ah well.. guess I just gotta buy a Vbob then..:supergrin: sometime after I get settled in Oregon..
Thanks for the quick replies fellas

HAIL CAESAR
06-17-2010, 22:42
Actaully, it works fine and I have done it MANY times. The officer frame and commander slide mate-up leaves no gap on the dust cover.

As being a CCO nutcase and the availability of CCO's being small I have mated the Officer fame and Commander slide for YEARS. I am actually doing one now.

Cerebrus
06-18-2010, 01:19
Actaully, it works fine and I have done it MANY times. The officer frame and commander slide mate-up leaves no gap on the dust cover.

As being a CCO nutcase and the availability of CCO's being small I have mated the Officer fame and Commander slide for YEARS. I am actually doing one now.
You have my attention..

remat
06-18-2010, 01:20

They don't vary by manufacturer? Interesting...I had always assumed there would be a gap too. Hmm....CCO.....

HAIL CAESAR
06-18-2010, 16:26
You have my attention..

I don't know what else to say than it works...perfectly. I will try to get some pics up of the current pistol I am building sometime this week, but we are on vacation for a couple of weeks so it will be low priority.

The CCO is nothing more than the Officer frame with a Commander slide, no mystery to it really. If you want to talk about them give me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.