Dual Survival [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dual Survival

bigdollars
06-17-2010, 22:55
Anyone watch the show Dual Survival on the Discovery Channel?

I watched 1 episode last week and I think this series is going to be one of my favorites. The one thing I wish one of these survival shows would permit is the people on it to have 1 firearm. If I were on that show I would probably choose a handgun. I think either a Ruger Single Six Hunter or a Mark III Hunter.

If you could be on that or another show like it and were given the option of 1 firearm which would you choose and why?

I decided on a 22LR handgun because it seems the survivors on those shows always come accross small game but almost never run into the 1 big game that will feed then for the whole season.

JC Refuge
06-18-2010, 05:50
Well, much would depend on the specific scripted environment and scenario, but in general, I'd have to choose my trusty XD .45. It would not be ideal for small game hunting, but there are a number of ways to devise small game weaponry and traps, so I think the self-defense potential and the possibility of using the more substantial handgun to take down a larger 4-legged dinner would be the deciding factor there for me.

bigdollars
06-22-2010, 00:13
For years I thought I would go with something like a Ruger Super Redhawk 454/45 Colt as something to hunt with and defend with but after watching several Alaska survival type shows it seems the 2 best guns for those who have to hunt their own food is a rimfire and/or a .410. out of the 2 I would go with the rimfire because I like pistols a lot more than long guns.

I have heard the 45acp is great for black bears.