New G26 FTF - twice, now [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New G26 FTF - twice, now

ITFlyer
06-18-2010, 09:24
I bought a new G26 a few weeks ago to go with my G19. The intention is for the G26 to be my carry gun.

While having put thousands of rounds through my G19 with not even the slightest problem, I've now had two FTF on the G26.

The first time was at the range, four rounds into the 10-round magazine. The gun had maybe 200 rounds through it since new. It fed the cartridge up out of the magazine, and got hung up at the breech. The bullet left a small mark on the rounded feed area of the barrel leading up to the breech. The cartridge case had a small mark on it as well. After clearing it, I tried the cartridge again, and it fed with no problems. This was a Federal FMJ cartridge.

The second time was yesterday. The gun now has around 400 rounds through it since new. I had the gun out and clear, and was reloading it. I had the slide locked back. I inserted a full, 10-round magazine (different magazine than the first FTF at the range) of Speer Gold Dot hollowpoints and pushed the slide release. The slide snapped forward, fed the first cartridge, and jammed, at the exact same place.

Once was an anomaly. Twice has me concerned, being that this is my carry gun. Is there something I should be looking for that might be causing this?

JR
07-01-2010, 21:23
I would polish the feed ramp for sure. Also verify the follower is marked 6. If it is 4 or 5 replace with a 6.
It will get better the more you shoot it.... They all do.