Mag Rattle? Pls help. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mag Rattle? Pls help.

DakPara
06-18-2010, 17:09
I have completed my ideal 10mm, love it:

1. Glock 20 SF
2. GripReductions.com grip reduction - smooth carry with mag well
3. TFO night sights - (gr/yellow)
4. GlockMeister tungsten captured guide rod with ISMI 22lb spring
5. Glockworx Zev-Fulcrum trigger kit, with firing pin safety
6. Glockworx trigger spring
7. Stock firing pin / striker and spring
8. ISMI +10% mag springs
9. SureFire X400 light/laser
10. Titanium pin set (why not?)

How can I get rid of the significant mag rattle?

My other (five) Glocks don't rattle like this, but they are not 10mm either. I would prefer not to download, or tell my friends it's a feature.

Please help, desperate for a practical and reliable solution. This is only thing keeping me from true, personal, awe-inspiring Glock perfection. I am "this close".

leadslinger13
06-19-2010, 04:08
I would call the guys that did your grip reduction. Did you mags wiggle before you sent it in for grip reduction? other possibility mag release?

keep us posted.

Mik
06-19-2010, 10:07
If this only happens when the mag is loaded: with the mag loaded, smack the mag down with the witness holes down on a hard surface. Do it with some force.

The other issue may be that the magazine insert is damaged/broken. You will need to disassemble the magazine to determine if this is the case... unless the hole in the magazine base plate is not filled, then it's definitely the magazine insert.

DakPara
06-19-2010, 14:00
Thanks for the info so far. Sorry I was not specific, but this is only when the mag is loaded and inserted into the gun. It is the cartridges rattling in the mag.

I have 12 mags (so far), three with +10% ISMI springs and they all do this. I can tell it is related to the geometry of the mags and rounds because of the following.

1. Gun without mag, no rattle
2. Loaded mag outside the gun, no rattle
3. Loaded mag in gun, rattle
4. Loaded mag outside the gun with the front of the top round pressed down by hand, as it would be when in the gun and against the bottom of the slide, rattle

for #4, I can see the rounds through the witness holes move forward and backward a few millimeters as they move to the front and rear of the mag as I shake the mag forward and backward. It seems the rounds in the middle move and rattle the most.

I welcome any and all ideas. Thanks again.

nickE10mm
06-19-2010, 22:15
Do you mean that the "rounds" make noise when the mag is full, or the "mag" rattles in the grip?

If you mean the "rounds" click or rattle a bit when you shake the full mag (whether it's IN the gun or not), then don't worry. Pretty much every Glock I've ever owned does this. You can usually make it stop by leaving one round out of a full mag.

Taterhead
06-22-2010, 22:56
I get a bit of a rattle that sounds more like something shifting around. It is noticeable when I rock the nose up or down. I occurs with a full, or nearly full, mag is loaded. It goes away when I chamber a round.