but as I have heard some bad things about
them from one user and they are more
expensive I'll just wait on Starline or
others. Other than Top Brass, does anyone
know of the availability of any 10mm cases
anywhere?

Taterhead
06-19-2010, 22:04
Double Tap usually has nickle plated Starline brass in stock. Pretty expensive though compared to regular Starline brass.

Winchester brass is fine in my experience. I have found that I get fewer re-loads than others because it tends to shrink below specs after a few loads.

steve4102
06-21-2010, 21:52
Other than Top Brass, does anyone
know of the availability of any 10mm cases
anywhere?

Anything wrong with Top Brass?

preventec47
06-22-2010, 06:29
Someone said that the Top Brass internal case dimensions
for 10mm
made it more difficult to seat bullets than Starline but I
dont have the details.

ctkelly
06-26-2010, 14:39
Midway has starline brass in stock now (brass finish only). They also have 175 grain silvertip bullets in stock finally.

Njanear
06-26-2010, 15:33
Midway has starline brass in stock now (brass finish only). They also have 175 grain silvertip bullets in stock finally.

I meant to add that the other day but then the site was down... :embarassed:

My 500 cases arrived from Midway and they sure are pretty. :supergrin:

Now to get some time to get them stuffed. :faint:

chippy
06-30-2010, 20:53
Nothing wrong with Winchester. I've had great case life from it as well as Starline, R.P., and PMC. As for FC and D.Tap - not so good

ctkelly
07-01-2010, 00:18
Nothing wrong with Winchester. I've had great case life from it as well as Starline, R.P., and PMC. As for FC and D.Tap - not so good

Double tap is starline.

lunker
07-01-2010, 07:20
Double tap is starline.

True. But Double Tap ammo is loaded so hot, you can't expect to get as many loads out of it. I actually leave my fired DT brass at the range so it doesn't get mixed in with my regular stuff.

chippy
07-01-2010, 09:47
True. But Double Tap ammo is loaded so hot, you can't expect to get as many loads out of it. I actually leave my fired DT brass at the range so it doesn't get mixed in with my regular stuff.

Exactly! Lots of bulges and "smileys" with the DT. I don,t trust them for a re-load.

ctkelly
07-02-2010, 08:02
That depends.....recent double tap doesnt chrono anywhere close to whats advertised on the box. The doubletap I have from 5 years ago that has a starline headstamp does chronograph close or even better than whats on the box. Something has changed recently, but there have been several users that post subpar performance from todays doubletap.

Is it loaded hot...yes, but not like it once was. And since you can buy double tap brass all by itself, its a little unfair to say that doubletap brass isnt as good as any other brass.

chippy
07-02-2010, 22:54
That depends.....recent double tap doesnt chrono anywhere close to whats advertised on the box. The doubletap I have from 5 years ago that has a starline headstamp does chronograph close or even better than whats on the box. Something has changed recently, but there have been several users that post subpar performance from todays doubletap.

Is it loaded hot...yes, but not like it once was. And since you can buy double tap brass all by itself, its a little unfair to say that doubletap brass isnt as good as any other brass.

Very good point. DT uses very good brass - They would have to!
New DT brass would be just fine. I did shoot some brand new DT 180hp ammo yesterday. The new stuff with M.Gold bullets. Lots of bulges & smilies. I cleaned and sized it anyway, but I'm not shure I want to load it. The ammo shot well, and function was 100%. No problems there.