HK smith? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HK smith?

Cerebrus
06-20-2010, 01:26
As in does anyone know of a good one? I need to send the full gun in to have the sights adjusted.. the guy that I paid to do it did not do such a stellar job..:upeyes: this is for a USP .40 full size.. I would like the POA to match the POI

H&K 4 LIFE
06-20-2010, 05:46
... I would like the POA to match the POI

Is it the windage or elevation that is incorrect? Windage is easily corrected by simply drifting the rear sight.

HK pistols are factory zeroed at 25 meters for a "straight on" hold, the front sight should cover the intended target. POI will occur in front of the dot on the front sight. This is already the POA/POI sight alignment your desire.

In addition, there are also six different factory height front sights for the USP that will allow you to alter the factory sight picture.

Cerebrus
06-20-2010, 09:13
The sights are not original HK they are Tru-dot night sites that were put in.. so it went from poa being spot on to poi.. now its poi is low and to the left. I do not have the correct tools on hand to mess with it. Basically I am one step out from returning the slide with the original sights back to HK, as my 1911's have taken over edc and night stand duties