Ameriglo GH-431 Sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo GH-431 Sights

DLL9mm
06-20-2010, 19:54
I just ordered a set of Ameriglo GH431 Sights(front orange square, black rear) for my G17 Gen 4. For those who have them.....Do I need a pusher for the rear sight or can I just use a plastic punch? I am hoping they will be an easy install.

DannyR
06-21-2010, 04:38
I always use a sight pusher and I also place two drops of oil in the sight channel before pushing. Steel sights are a tighter fit than factory polymer sights.

The GH-431's are great!

DLL9mm
06-21-2010, 04:43
I always use a sight pusher and I also place two drops of oil in the sight channel before pushing. Steel sights are a tighter fit than factory polymer sights.

The GH-431's are great!

Thank-you for the response. I am going to TRY to do it without a pusher(because I don't own one yet) I will make sure I use oil. If I don't think I can do it, I will take it to the gunsmith. I am looking forward to trying these sights after reading all the positive reviews on them(including yours) Thanks! :supergrin:

snipe1
06-21-2010, 12:03
I use AmeriGlo sights on all my Glocks. They are fantastic! I have the white dot front with the all black rear on my G17. All the rest have AmeriGlo night sights of some sort. I don't think you're gonna have much luck without a sight pusher. I actually bought one for myself.

The rear is a tight fit and I've heard nothing but horror stories by many people trying to drift it in with a punch i.e. major gouge marks on the sight and/or the slide, broken tritium vials on night sights, etc.

Also if you have a gunsmith do the work, ensure he will be using a pusher for the install and knows what he is doing. There are a couple of posts on this site (with pictures) of some hack work people actually paid for where a 'smith used a punch and hammer. My advise - pay the money, buy the MGW pusher for Glocks and do it yourself. I've installed 15 or more AmeriGlo sights with mine and everyone is very happy with the results. No gouge marks or marred slides.

Good luck!

DLL9mm
06-21-2010, 14:51
I went ahead and ordered a sight pusher. I figure I needed one anyways. Midway has the MGW pushers for $85, so I have one coming. Can't wait to install these sights...The right way.

DannyR
06-21-2010, 17:50
You will use that sight pusher more than you can imagine. It was a good investment. I've had mine for 5 years now and it pays for itself every year over and over again.

snipe1
06-21-2010, 19:50
I went ahead and ordered a sight pusher. I figure I needed one anyways. Midway has the MGW pushers for $85, so I have one coming. Can't wait to install these sights...The right way.

Good job DLL9mm! As DannyR mentioned it is one of the best investments for your Glock(s). As long as you read and follow the directions that are included with the MGW pusher you'll be amazed how smooth and easy sight installation can be.

Money well spent!!!

DLL9mm
06-22-2010, 03:50
I should have the pusher in a few days. Hopefully Ameriglo has fast shipping. I think I may need to order a better front sight tool. I have been using the nut wrench that came with my XS big dots.
Since I will have the sight pusher, there is no reason to not have new sights on my other Glocks.

DannyR
06-22-2010, 05:02
A proper sight tool has a thin shaft that will allow you to install front sights on the long slide Glocks. I use a factory front sight tool and an Aro-Tek front sight tool. The AmeriGlo tool is also excellent. Don't forget to enter "GSSF" in the discount section for a 20% discount from AmeriGlo.

samuse
06-22-2010, 10:45
I've installed lots of Glock sights without a sight pusher. I just file the base of the sight to fit about 2/3 through the dovetail and use a delrin punch to drift it the rest of the way in. I just bought a sight pusher though. I also ordered 3 sets of sights to try it out with!

DLL9mm
06-24-2010, 13:49
Got the sights last night. And I received the pusher today. I already installed the front sight, and I will do the rear later.

DLL9mm
06-24-2010, 18:27
OK....I installed the rear sight with the new pusher. It was a real tight fit, and I had to file alittle off. I am glad I got the pusher insted of a hammer/punch. It came out perfect in the end, and now I want to install more sights! I will be ordering a set for my Gen 2 G19 ASAP.

DannyR
06-24-2010, 19:43
OK, now get that pistol to the range and try out those sights!

DLL9mm
06-25-2010, 04:35

I will be doing that Sunday. Can't wait. :supergrin:

DLL9mm
06-27-2010, 11:10

Tested my G17 with the new sights(and an OEM "-" connector)
Love the sights. I shot pretty good with them.