Springfield Customer Service [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Customer Service

KillStick
06-21-2010, 13:51
I was having failure to feeds on first round with my springfield and have tried multiple magazines and ammunition. The round was failing to feed on first round with fmj and hollow points, it would fail to feed if I sling shot the first round or allow from a slide stop position. I couldn't figure it out. It was catching on the feed ramp and no where near the barrel and feed ramp. It was just catching on the feed ramp, I am not skilled enough or have the brass to polish or attempt to try and fix the problem.

So I bit the bullet (sort of speak) and called springfield and explained my problem. They sent me a package stamp and told me to ship it to them free of charge and should have it back in 2 to 4 weeks. They were the nicest customer service I have ever dealt with, no snobbery or anything that I have gotten before from other customer service representatives. I even got information for checkering the front strap and putting night sights on. All I can say is that I am very impressed with Springfield customer service and can not explain the satisfaction I received. I will buy Springfield 1911's with out hesitation.

Sorry for the long post but I felt that I should post how outstanding the Springfield company has been to me. I would recommend Springfield firearms to anyone.

Big_Drunk
06-21-2010, 14:10
Great Job!

I like to see when someone takes the time to praise good customer service!

I tell everyone I know when a company doesn't do just what I want, but do I always do the same when I'm really pleased?

Thanks for the info!

El_Ron1
06-21-2010, 14:37
Did you get the pistol back in satisfactory working order?

KillStick
06-21-2010, 14:45
Did you get the pistol back in satisfactory working order?
I have not received the pistol back, I just shipped it out this morning. They have even taken the time to call me and make sure that everything has worked out for shipping processes. Now I am thinking about having them checker the front strap to 20 lines per inch but not sure about it. If someone has pictures of there pistol with front checkering that is always a welcome for me to decide. They have been very pleasant and professional in there manner.

bdoub1eu
06-21-2010, 15:03
Sent my Springfield TRP back (slide to frame fit was a little off) - same experience. Outstanding customer service. Should receive the TRP tomorrow morning.

KillStick
06-21-2010, 15:09
Sent my Springfield TRP back (slide to frame fit was a little off) - same experience. Outstanding customer service. Should receive the TRP tomorrow morning.

same experience as in customer service or first round fail to feed. How long did it take to get back to you?

Gdirty5
06-21-2010, 15:15
I'm wondering, when they ship it back to you, do they ship it directly or to your FFL? I thought you couldn't ship a firearm directly to a house.

G26ster
06-21-2010, 15:34
Springfield will ship directly back to the owner. Their CS is outstanding!

RMTactical
06-21-2010, 15:51
I had to send my milspec slide in on Friday to have the front sight restaked. It was an easy and painless experience, their CS is clearly top notch. Wish the damn thing would have stayed staked instead though, I've only had it for a few weeks...

bdoub1eu
06-21-2010, 16:22
same experience as in customer service or first round fail to feed. How long did it take to get back to you?

No issues with FTF. The slide was a little off - I posted pics of it a few week ago and although it wasn't affecting performance, everyone agreed I should send it back since it shouldn't be happening on a TRP - slide wear on the front right of the slide. They also said 2 - 4 weeks for me but they received it on June 3rd and should be getting it back tomorrow - delivery to the house.

Magus
06-21-2010, 16:40
Springfield probably has the best CS of any firearms manufacturer out there. Everyone else is what they should aspire to in terms of CS.

On a recent Springer I purchased I was able to get a replacement part free of charge...had a slightly hinky slide stop. No questions asked...they sent me a new slide stop. Days later after getting the initial replacement, yet another slide stop showed up that I hadn't ordered. Called and asked them about it, they said they just wanted to make sure I got one that fit correctly so they sent me an extra. How could one complain about that kind of service?

Springfield is top notch, wouldn't hesitate to buy another gun from them.

Black Cloud
06-21-2010, 21:59
I'm wondering, when they ship it back to you, do they ship it directly or to your FFL? I thought you couldn't ship a firearm directly to a house.

That is not a problem. Every gun I have sent of for customizing was sent back to my residence.
No need to send it to a ffl as long as a businees with a ffl ships it to you, the owner of the gun.

drider
06-22-2010, 00:17
It's always good to know when doing research that the company has good customer service.

KillStick
06-24-2010, 18:31
Wouldn't you know it that the 500 rounds of 45 acp and grips I ordered would be coming in this Friday when my springer is in the shop.

Wade-19
06-24-2010, 20:31
I just purchased a NOS 9mm mil-spec from another state sight unseen. The gun is beautiful, but it has some cosmetic issues. The crossed canons logo is not uniform and the inside of the slide looks to be unfinished. I sent them an e-mail and later that day I was informed that my new gun was mad in April of 1989 and that I would be recieving a FedEx shipping lable within a couple hours. I sent it out yesterday. I miss it already.

ajgranda
06-24-2010, 20:37
Glad to hear about your positive experience so far with SA. I'm sure they will take of the problem. That was one of the reasons I chose to buy two XDs.

itsveryniiice
06-25-2010, 01:59
Below is my only experience with Springfield CS. For all the hype they get...Im not impressed.

xxxx to Kate
show details Jun 10
Eh, was worth a shot. Thought Id try since I heard a million times on the Internet forums how awesome Springer CS was. I'll just keep the aftermarket grips, which don't say or advertise Springfield Armory when Im showing off my gun....at minimal cost to you ;) Thanks.

Kate Dochterman to me
show details Jun 10
xxx,

Unfortunately, if you broke the grip, it would not be a warranty issue. Manufacturing defects are what the lifetime warranty covers. However, you can purchase replacement grips from the factory in our web store or by contacting 800-680-6866.

Kate
Customer Service Representative
Springfield Armory
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
800-680-6866
kate@springfield-armory.com

Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2010 8:30 AM
To: Kate Dochterman
Subject: Sales Email - Sent: Thu, 10 Jun 2010 01:34:30 -0400 - Grips

Hello, I have a Springfield Loaded 1911 that I broke a grip panel on. I tossed the grips and got a set of replacements, but I would prefer to have a set of OE grips for this pistol. Is this something that is covered under warranty? Thank you xxxx

Single_Star
06-25-2010, 07:16
I had a faulty firing pin stop, and they offered to send me a replacement free. But I also wanted them to do a once over on my gun, since I was hearing of lots of people having some issues, so they said I could send it in on their dime. They did the work, sent it back in lightning speed all at no cost to me. I'm amazed by their CS.

As for not replacing a grip panel that you broke, I can't really say I'd expect them to replace it either. I have heard of them fixing a gun due to faulty reloads, but that seems to be hit or miss. If it's damage I cause I don't really expect them to fix it for free, but that's OK with me :)

Quack
06-25-2010, 08:35
I sent it out yesterday. I miss it already.

what a coincidence, i just got a package from FedEx with a 9mm Mil-spec. called Springfield and it was born back in April 1989 :supergrin:

Wade-19
06-25-2010, 09:47
what a coincidence, i just got a package from FedEx with a 9mm Mil-spec. called Springfield and it was born back in April 1989 :supergrin:

Now I REALLY don't like YOU !!!:tongueout:

Joenpb
06-25-2010, 13:02
itsveryniiice, if you buy a new car & get into a fender bender do you expect the MFG of the car to fix the damage under warranty for free? Didn't think so.....

Quack
06-26-2010, 10:26
Now I REALLY don't like YOU !!!:tongueout:

would you like me if i bought this? :supergrin:
http://www.louderthanwords.us/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8193

Cerebrus
06-26-2010, 10:32

pix or it did not happen!!! :rofl:

Quack
06-26-2010, 10:47
pix or it did not happen!!! :rofl:

here's a pic for you

http://www.louderthanwords.us/mediumfoto/picts/ulfls/24032010/15225905951.jpg

Wade-19
06-26-2010, 15:10

Only if you buy it and then trade it to me for mine!!!!:rofl:

KillStick
06-30-2010, 13:32
I got a hold of Springfield today and my firearm will be here Wednesday, They put a new extractor in it, polish the feed ramp and gave me a new magazine for my trouble. They also checked the slide to frame fit to make sure it was up to spec and test the weapon to ensure proper feeding. Thanks Springfield it has been great doing business with you and would not hesitate to do more business. :cool:

itsveryniiice
06-30-2010, 15:12
and I couldn't get a set of lousy grip panels :/

drider
06-30-2010, 15:35
So service turnaround time in about nine-ten days? Not bad at all!

RMTactical
06-30-2010, 16:26
So service turnaround time in about nine-ten days? Not bad at all!

I don't think so. They told me the turn around is 2-4 weeks. I sent my slide in to get the front sight post restaked on the 18th, it's still there.

KillStick
06-30-2010, 17:53
I don't think so. They told me the turn around is 2-4 weeks. I sent my slide in to get the front sight post restaked on the 18th, it's still there.

Yea turn around times about about 12 days

Jim S.
06-30-2010, 19:38
I recently bought a used Mil-Spec and it had all the original packaging including the warranty paper work.
Just for the hell of it I called Springfield and asked if I should send in the warranty on a used firearm.
Woman was very nice and said that I could if I wanted to but the company would stand behind it 100% as long as the trigger (firing system) wasn't altered to where it was a safety issue or didn't work.
I thought that was a good way to be for a gun company.
Glock is that way also.

RMTactical
06-30-2010, 22:36
Yea turn around times about about 12 days

Still waiting on the email confirmation that they are suppose to send me (they don't normally do this but the woman I dealt with said that she would do it at my request) when they send it back.

Chonny
07-01-2010, 07:28
Buddy of mine got his EMP fixed and returned. in about 2 weeks

MNGLOCK
07-03-2010, 10:18
Just purchased a TRP. Field stripped and cleaned and lubed and could not get in back together. The slide stop could not over ride the plunger pin to get through slide. Called SA and got a tech type and he said he knew exactly what I was experiencing and would machine a new slide stop with more of an angle/cam effect. Took gun back to gun smith and he also had a heck of a time with the original stop. Time will tell when I get the new one. I have had SA, Colts, Kimbers by the bunch and never had this happen. So far I am impressed with SA CS.

itsveryniiice
07-03-2010, 19:39
my DW goes back together great. :D

I'd have a trp had they replaced my grips.....

KillStick
07-03-2010, 21:41
my DW goes back together great. :D

I'd have a trp had they replaced my grips.....

Are you still on those grips:rofl: Geeze hold a grudge or what :supergrin:

KiloBravo
07-04-2010, 10:13
Below is my only experience with Springfield CS. For all the hype they get...Im not impressed.

xxxx to Kate
show details Jun 10
Eh, was worth a shot. Thought Id try since I heard a million times on the Internet forums how awesome Springer CS was. I'll just keep the aftermarket grips, which don't say or advertise Springfield Armory when Im showing off my gun....at minimal cost to you ;) Thanks.

Kate Dochterman to me
show details Jun 10
xxx,

Unfortunately, if you broke the grip, it would not be a warranty issue. Manufacturing defects are what the lifetime warranty covers. However, you can purchase replacement grips from the factory in our web store or by contacting 800-680-6866.

Kate
Springfield Armory
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
800-680-6866

Hello, I have a Springfield Loaded 1911 that I broke a grip panel on. I tossed the grips and got a set of replacements, but I would prefer to have a set of OE grips for this pistol. Is this something that is covered under warranty? Thank you xxxx

Let me make sure I understand correctly...You broke the grip and then threw them away and then expected the company to just ship you a new pair free of charge??? Do you realize how many people would try that trick if more started catching onto it? I would be willing to bet you would have received a more favorable response if you still had the original grips to send back to them.

thecableguy
07-04-2010, 15:46

xxxx to Kate
show details Jun 10

Kate Dochterman to me
show details Jun 10
xxx,

Kate
Springfield Armory
420 West Main Street
Geneseo, IL 61254
800-680-6866

Hello my gun is broken and I would like a new one.
c.s. rep- Ok sir what do you mean its broken?
Yeah it just broke.
c.s. rep-Ok sir we will issue you a call tag you can send it back to us and we will try to fix it for you.
Oh no I threw it out. I just want a new one free of charge.
c.s. rep- :faint:

Bill Lumberg
07-04-2010, 16:22
Love Springfield. I have a Loaded that several LE associates have steadfastly tried to purchase frome me for more than I paid. I like mine so much that, though I've planned for a while to buy a nice Nighthawk or something similar, I'm thinking about just sending my gun in for more work. I was having failure to feeds on first round with my springfield and have tried multiple magazines and ammunition. The round was failing to feed on first round with fmj and hollow points, it would fail to feed if I sling shot the first round or allow from a slide stop position. I couldn't figure it out. It was catching on the feed ramp and no where near the barrel and feed ramp. It was just catching on the feed ramp, I am not skilled enough or have the brass to polish or attempt to try and fix the problem.

So I bit the bullet (sort of speak) and called springfield and explained my problem. They sent me a package stamp and told me to ship it to them free of charge and should have it back in 2 to 4 weeks. They were the nicest customer service I have ever dealt with, no snobbery or anything that I have gotten before from other customer service representatives. I even got information for checkering the front strap and putting night sights on. All I can say is that I am very impressed with Springfield customer service and can not explain the satisfaction I received. I will buy Springfield 1911's with out hesitation.

Sorry for the long post but I felt that I should post how outstanding the Springfield company has been to me. I would recommend Springfield firearms to anyone.

lawdog734
07-04-2010, 19:20
Let me make sure I understand correctly...You broke the grip and then threw them away and then expected the company to just ship you a new pair free of charge??? Do you realize how many people would try that trick if more started catching onto it? I would be willing to bet you would have received a more favorable response if you still had the original grips to send back to them.
I have a sig RCS that I over tightened the grips and cracked them. Called sig and they sent me new grips plus both a set of black and SS grip screws. I was really impressed:wow:

Ruggles
07-04-2010, 19:33

Yeah that does seem pretty silly.:dunno:

Dandapani
07-04-2010, 19:50
OP, be sure to post a range report on the repaired firearm.

bac1023
07-05-2010, 21:14
I never had to use them, but I always hear good things about Springfield's CS. :)

RMTactical
07-05-2010, 22:28
Still waiting on my slide...

KillStick
07-07-2010, 11:12
Well boys and girls I got her back at 9:30am today and went straight to the range with 250 rounds. She ran like a champ and I also put new grips on her. The picture of my grips will be in my other thread about getting the new springer. The range I go to only has 25yrd pistol range so it looks like I need to practice more, but I sure do love this 1911.

RMTactical
07-07-2010, 13:49
My slide is shipping tomorrow. That puts my wait time right at/around 4 weeks.

coronel
07-07-2010, 20:46
Free shipping to and from Springfield that is pretty good. You are doing better than what happened to me. Brass is hitting me on my forehead, called them to tell about this problem some fellow answered and said rudely i mean rudely (tone of voice) that is the way it is buddy and hung up on me. I got rid of the 1911 that same day. That is all I have to say no more no less.

RMTactical
07-08-2010, 11:28
Free shipping to and from Springfield that is pretty good. You are doing better than what happened to me. Brass is hitting me on my forehead, called them to tell about this problem some fellow answered and said rudely i mean rudely (tone of voice) that is the way it is buddy and hung up on me. I got rid of the 1911 that same day. That is all I have to say no more no less.

Wait? Who did that to you? SA?

KillStick
07-20-2010, 12:23
My slide is shipping tomorrow. That puts my wait time right at/around 4 weeks.

How did the slide turn out?