Jamming [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jamming

RLR69
06-21-2010, 16:33
Hey guys,
I am new to the hand gun world and just got my first hand gun, a Glock G17 4th gen. I took it out for the first time this weekend and put 150 rounds of PCM ammo through it. The problem I had was it jammed on me 4 or 5 times. I tried using the different magazines but that did not seem to help. I was looking around the site and I thought that maybe I was “limp wristing it”? I have shot my brother in laws XDM 40 caliber and never had a problem with it.
I cleaned and lubed it per the manuals instructions before I shot it as well. Is there anything I should look at? I bought a Glock because I wanted the best, most reliable gun out there and everything I read says that Glock is the best. So I am assuming I am doing something wrong?
I do plan on joining my local gun club and thought I might get some opinions there but in the mean time can anyone help a newbie out?

JR
06-21-2010, 21:27
You are probably shooting 115 gr ammunition? If so, move up to 124 or 147 and the problem should resolve itself.
The 115 gr ammo is under powered. You also need to use a tighter grip.

RLR69
06-21-2010, 22:29
Yes it is 115 gr. That Sucks!!! I have another 350 rounds left!!!!
Thanks for the input. Do you guys suggest any particular brands?
I thought the rating was for the bullet? So the GR rating is for the powder?

JR
06-22-2010, 09:29
Lube up the slide & barrel and work on your shooting stance. These will help you avoid additional FTE issues HOWEVER it is good for you to know the 115 gr ammo is on the fringe of failure at all times.