Source for Threaded Factory Barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Source for Threaded Factory Barrels

farscott
06-22-2010, 05:15
I am building a 9x19 suppressor platform on a CCF Raceframes stainless steel frame. CCF strongly recommends (demands) that one use factory barrels for reasons that are beyond the scope of this thread. As such, I am looking for a factory M34 or M17L barrel that is threaded 1/2-inch x 28 tpi as the suppressor is going to be a SWR Trident-9.

Why the CCF Raceframe instead of the usual Glock polymer frame? The extra weight of the stainless frame will help to offset the muzzle-heavy feel of the gun with the suppressor hanging off the end of the barrel. I also prefer the trigger feel and grip angle of the CCF Raceframe to the Glock as I am a 1911 shooter.

Any ideas where to look for the threaded barrel? Or do I just need to purchase a stock barrel and send it to someone to be threaded? Any suggestions on who to send the barrel for threading? Gem-Tech did a barrel (not a Glock) for me many years ago, and I assume would do so again, but it never hurts to learn what alternatives exist. Thanks.

r2kba
06-23-2010, 09:03
I am building a 9x19 suppressor platform on a CCF Raceframes stainless steel frame. CCF strongly recommends (demands) that one use factory barrels for reasons that are beyond the scope of this thread. As such, I am looking for a factory M34 or M17L barrel that is threaded 1/2-inch x 28 tpi as the suppressor is going to be a SWR Trident-9.

Why the CCF Raceframe instead of the usual Glock polymer frame? The extra weight of the stainless frame will help to offset the muzzle-heavy feel of the gun with the suppressor hanging off the end of the barrel. I also prefer the trigger feel and grip angle of the CCF Raceframe to the Glock as I am a 1911 shooter.

Any ideas where to look for the threaded barrel? Or do I just need to purchase a stock barrel and send it to someone to be threaded? Any suggestions on who to send the barrel for threading? Gem-Tech did a barrel (not a Glock) for me many years ago, and I assume would do so again, but it never hurts to learn what alternatives exist. Thanks.

Gemtech endorses wolf barrels. I got one for my G27. Or you can buy direct from GT. I do not know of many mfg other than HK that offers a factory threaded pistol bbl.