Virus? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Virus?

RichardB
06-22-2010, 10:01
Twice when I entered the Glock Talk this morning I got a Warning from my Norton anti-virus about Bloodhound.exploit.337. It may be from my connection to the cyber world.

farscott
06-22-2010, 10:21
Yes, it appears that GlockTalk has a virus. I had to disable Java script as something called "BBBInvestigation.org" is trying to run scripts that among other things redirects one to a Google page, opens up Windows Media Player, and tries to download a file.

Samboard
06-22-2010, 10:32
yeah, not good. main page, etc. hope they figure this out asap. kinda a pia. wtf.

:rofl:

Pierre!
06-22-2010, 12:53
The hackers have been hitting lots of websites these days - "drive by vulnerabilities" don't ya know - and those Drive By Ops are for the 3 major OS's... so they are pushing this agenda hard.

What a great time to be alive! I sometimes dream of meeting a group of hackers at the shooting range... It's a good dream... For me anyway...:supergrin:

Know what I mean???
:rofl:

IndyGunFreak
06-22-2010, 12:59
Yes, it appears that GlockTalk has a virus. I had to disable Java script as something called "BBBInvestigation.org" is trying to run scripts that among other things redirects one to a Google page, opens up Windows Media Player, and tries to download a file.

Just reading Eric's post..(there's a big thread in GNG).. I think saying "Glocktalk had a virus" is stretching it a bit... If I'm understanding his post correctly, someone manipulated a hole/bug in the Vbulletin software that runs GT... it could have happened to any site running VB.

IGF

Linux3
06-22-2010, 15:37
Egads, this is running, so to speak, on a Windows system.
Glad I use a onetime username and passwd.

IndyGunFreak
06-22-2010, 15:42
Egads, this is running, so to speak, on a Windows system.
Glad I use a onetime username and passwd.

Someone manipulated one of the flash games in the arcade area...

Eric posted about it in GNG.

IGF

faber
06-22-2010, 20:49
we're all gonna die!!!!
no really, we are....

Linux3
06-22-2010, 20:52
we're all gonna die!!!!
no really, we are....
That's why I don't understand when a newscaster says the death rate in an area has increased.
The death rate is always the same. One per person, sooner or later.