Tula VS Wolf .223 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tula VS Wolf .223

iweb
06-22-2010, 21:06
Both say made in Russia so are they the same or different manufacturer?

Merkavaboy
06-22-2010, 21:37
In the past, Tula Cartridge Works was the manufacturer of Wolf Performance pistol/rifle ammo. Ulyanovsk has been the manufacturer of Wolf's Military Classic pistol/rifle ammo.
Prvi Partizan of Serbia is the manufacturer of the brass cased Wolf Gold line of handgun/rifle ammo.

KillStick
06-22-2010, 21:59
I am curious about this Tula ammunition also, I was thinking about getting some to run through my springer 1911 but was unsure of the quality and if running that sort of casing through a 1911. Be interesting to see what someone has to say about it.

rwrjr
06-23-2010, 05:07
In the past, Tula Cartridge Works was the manufacturer of Wolf Performance pistol/rifle ammo. Ulyanovsk has been the manufacturer of Wolf's Military Classic pistol/rifle ammo.
Prvi Partizan of Serbia is the manufacturer of the brass cased Wolf Gold line of handgun/rifle ammo.

This is my understanding too. Tula made/makes Wolf Black Box, Ulyanovsk makes Wolf Military Classic (the camo boxes). FWIW, at least in .223 I think the Wolf Military Classic is more accurate that Black Box. Sold all my BB and converted to MC a few years ago before the price hikes and general ammo shortage.

Merkavaboy
06-24-2010, 07:02
This is my understanding too. Tula made/makes Wolf Black Box, Ulyanovsk makes Wolf Military Classic (the camo boxes). FWIW, at least in .223 I think the Wolf Military Classic is more accurate that Black Box. Sold all my BB and converted to MC a few years ago before the price hikes and general ammo shortage.

I've actually found that the Ulyanovsk made Mil Classic 9mm was more reliable than the Tula made 9mm. Out of 1K each, I had 10 failure to fire on the first strike with Tula and zero problems with the Ulyanovsk stuff.