need to know how to ... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : need to know how to ...

wallyglock
06-23-2010, 05:15
attach photo's to my e-mails.

have windows xp. i believe, and have a hotmail address.

there is no " paper clip " showing and i have tried to click on photos but have difficulty from there. it brings up an other window box to type in who the e-mail is going to and put in the name of the pic ( mine have no name , just # ) but when i try to complete this task it brings up an " error " note.

i dont believe this should be so hard to do according to people i have asked but am stumped on how to proceed .

thought i might get help here to start. my computer guy is hard to get in touch with for the present and i wonder if he has left something out or imy computer in simply not set up proberly to do this. any ideas ?

it is kind of important to send my kids some pictures and would be happy to be able to do so

thanks wally

havensal
06-23-2010, 11:11
How are you sending them? Do you use an email client like Outlook or Thinderbird? My guess is that you are using Internet Explorer and logging into Hotmail.com.

If so you will see "attach" at the top next to send.
That should bring up another box under the "Subject" line with a "Browse" button next to it.

If you click the browse button it will bring up another window where you can select your picture and attach it.

If this isn't working properly you may have to do a Windows update and get the latest Internet Explorer version.

If you need help with that, let me know.

wallyglock
06-24-2010, 05:20
thanks i will check this out in the couple of days and get back to you.

my time has been at a premium the last few days

wally

wallyglock
06-24-2010, 18:36
just sent mails to each of my kids .

followed your steps and got my pictures up and double clicked on the ones i wanted. it took a few seconds and then it said on the subject line " file such and such loaded "

i am assuming it DID work
didnt see any way to open the files om my yet to be sent mail but hopefully this worked ok

thanks wally

havensal
06-25-2010, 03:38
just sent mails to each of my kids .

followed your steps and got my pictures up and double clicked on the ones i wanted. it took a few seconds and then it said on the subject line " file such and such loaded "

i am assuming it DID work
didnt see any way to open the files om my yet to be sent mail but hopefully this worked ok

thanks wally

You should have a "Sent" folder you can look in and see the email.

wallyglock
06-25-2010, 12:23
yes, i did do it correctly cause my son mailed me back and he got the pic.

i will check the " sent " folder from now on also .

one more question.
in sending multiple pics ..... after the pic has been processed and added to the e-mail , do you just click on the attach again and go thru the same process to add the other pics ?
AND does this ever present any problems ?

thaks for the help.

this is sort of a big deal to me because of family differences i was cut off from my kids for a good long time and this sure opens a much welcomed door and gives some new hope in the family coming closer together

wally

Sgt. Schultz
06-25-2010, 14:14
one more question.
in sending multiple pics ..... after the pic has been processed and added to the e-mail , do you just click on the attach again and go thru the same process to add the other pics ?
AND does this ever present any problems ?
The only problem that you can/may run into is that ISP's do have limits on the size of an e-mail that you send as well the total size of a users mail box.

havensal
06-25-2010, 16:10
...one more question.
AND does this ever present any problems ?...

I believe you are correct. I don't use Hotmail's website much. I use Outlook at work and Windows live mail at home.

I think Hotmail has a 10 or 15 MB limit for attachments.

Sgt. Schultz
06-26-2010, 07:11
Hotmail's limit is 10 MB

faber
06-26-2010, 20:02
use gmail
http://www.google.com/