gun shooting left can i adjust the fixed rear sight? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun shooting left can i adjust the fixed rear sight?

527varmint
06-23-2010, 10:42
I got meprolight fixed sights on my g-20. The 10mm barrel shoots about 2 inches left. THe 40sw barrel is even worse it shoot more like 3 or 4 inches left. This is at 25 ft.

I had the site installed by glockmeister when i got the gun. I don't have a sight pusher.

Is there any way I can drift the sight a little to get it shooting straight for me?

To move my group to the right I need to drift the rear sight to the right?

Now I wish I got the adjustable sights. I think they would have worked fine with my simply rugged holster.

_The_Shadow
06-24-2010, 23:09
I used a 1/4" square wooden dowel trimmed it to fit the slot of the sight and tapped my standard fixed sights over to where they need to be without any problems.

Yes drift right to move POI right

texas 48
06-25-2010, 22:34
I used a 1/4" square wooden dowel trimmed it to fit the slot of the sight and tapped my standard fixed sights over to where they need to be without any problems.

Yes drift right to move POI right

Thats the ticket. Good advice Shadow. I assume that you don't have too much off hand pulling gun left anticipating recoil?

527varmint
06-27-2010, 16:09
Thats the ticket. Good advice Shadow. I assume that you don't have too much off hand pulling gun left anticipating recoil?

I think maybe it is me pulling or something else. Also the indoor range lighting SUCKS and its is really hard to see the black sights. More practice and shooting outdoors before I mess with the sights. Good to know I can adjust the rear sight myself.