Anyone seen the new Novak NeXt 1911? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the new Novak NeXt 1911?

glock2740
06-23-2010, 15:29
I got the latest issue of Handguns magazine and there's an article about one. Sharp gun, of course. But, the one feature that's new, is that it doesn't have a grip safety. It has a beavertail, but no grip safety. There's along explanation, but I won't ruin it for those who haven't seen or read the article yet. Good looking gun.

bac1023
06-23-2010, 21:03
Yeah, Novak has made a couple with no grip safety.

glock2740
06-23-2010, 21:14
It's a good looking gun. The one in the article is hardchromed and doesn't have FCS. I had a feeling, as soon as I read the article, that you might have an issue with this one. Even Patrick Sweeney, whom is a writer that I actually listen too, said, that most "1911 afficianados", i.e., (he meant to say BAC:supergrin:), would not accept it. Then, he had the "nerve" to say that this was the way of the future. So, quit shooting all those old school 1911's you have, because they're about to go out of style and up in value. :supergrin: To "the real 1911 crowd"...:rofl:I know it's not your average 1911, but, it's a goodlooking gun and I'm sure, being a Novak original, that it's a real shooter.

The_Drizzle
06-23-2010, 21:22
I think Novak has been doing that mod. for a few years now. It is called "The Answer". Supposedly it make the grip feel smaller.

http://www.novaksights.com/images/GUNS/2007%20shot%20show/novak%20next/nextonepiecebackstrap2w.jpg

remat
06-23-2010, 22:22
Is it really called the NeXt? Like the failed Steve Jobs black cube PC?

Monte#2
06-24-2010, 06:24
Yeah...Novak has been doing that for a while...as have others for years (mostly custom builds). Some competition shooters have been "pinning" or otherwise rendering theirs inoperable for years as well. Those who prefer it "sans-grip safety" site the original JMB design that was not to include a grip safety, until the military regulations required it, along with the thumb safety. That is why some purists still consider the BHP (single action, cocked and locked capability without grip safety) to be the ultiimate fighting handgun...at least from a design standpoint. I too consider the BHP one of the best all time fighting tools.:supergrin:
Of course, I know that all of you know that anyway...so sorry for rambling!

bac1023
06-24-2010, 06:31
It's a good looking gun. The one in the article is hardchromed and doesn't have FCS. I had a feeling, as soon as I read the article, that you might have an issue with this one. Even Patrick Sweeney, whom is a writer that I actually listen too, said, that most "1911 afficianados", i.e., (he meant to say BAC:supergrin:), would not accept it. Then, he had the "nerve" to say that this was the way of the future. So, quit shooting all those old school 1911's you have, because they're about to go out of style and up in value. :supergrin: To "the real 1911 crowd"...:rofl:I know it's not your average 1911, but, it's a goodlooking gun and I'm sure, being a Novak original, that it's a real shooter.

Oh yeah, its a great gun for sure. :)

I doubt I'd order a custom 1911 with no grip safety though. :dunno:

glock2740
06-24-2010, 06:54
Oh yeah, its a great gun for sure. :)

I doubt I'd order a custom 1911 with no grip safety though. :dunno:
I know you wouldn't touch it with 19'11" pole :rofl:
I had to rib you about it. I was planning on you saying that without a grip safety, it wasn't even a 1911. It might qualify for 1910 status though. :supergrin:

bac1023
06-24-2010, 07:18
I know you wouldn't touch it with 19'11" pole :rofl:
I had to rib you about it. I was planning on you saying that without a grip safety, it wasn't even a 1911. It might qualify for 1910 status though. :supergrin:

Nah, I wouldn't say about a great pistol like a Novak. ;)