No more ccw law [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : No more ccw law

akapennypincher
06-24-2010, 08:51
What is the effective date?

azdick
06-25-2010, 11:49
The law goes into effect on 7/29/10, but I strongly recommend getting upto speed on the laws necessary to use deadly force, etc. Those of us who instruct the CCW classes are putting together free or low cost classes based on the 4 hour portion of the CCW class that pertains to the legal issues. Not having to have an actual CCW does not relieve one of the responsibility of knowing the law.

akapennypincher
06-25-2010, 16:04
You recommendation is a good one, like drive a vehicle, it is assumed you know the laws, and ignorance is not an excuse!

Rutha73
07-09-2010, 15:34
Are CCW permits still going to be offered? I am wondering because I was thinking if there was a situation and the cops were called it might help them recognize you as a good guy if I kept my permit up to date. Does this sound like a good idea? and is it going to be an option when the laws go into effect?

Sam Spade
07-11-2010, 09:14
Are CCW permits still going to be offered? I am wondering because I was thinking if there was a situation and the cops were called it might help them recognize you as a good guy if I kept my permit up to date. Does this sound like a good idea? and is it going to be an option when the laws go into effect?

Offered by the state, yes. Especially useful for bypassing NICS, and if you're travelling out of state.

Offered by providers? Dunno. It may not be economical, and that's a business decision.

Last Rites
07-20-2010, 22:03
I would hate to see CCW classes not being available even after this law goes into effect. IMO it's a great law, but I will still recommend that anyone choosing to carry should get their CCW permit anyway. Our great state of Arizona still has the highest standards of permitting and the most hours of classroom time that is mandated. (8 hours)

If anything at all; the state recipricocity from Arizona should be a good enough incentive alone. It covers the most states that I'm aware of out of any other state CCW permit. And it just makes good common sense. Carrying a weapon system for self defense regardless of how it's done... concealed or fully displayed on your person for all to see... is just done best if it's worn by a law abiding conscientious respectful citizen that has had competent training and understanding of the laws.

toddnjoy
07-21-2010, 00:09
so I'm confused what law are we talking about.

El_Ron1
07-21-2010, 15:23
We're tossin' all the illegals and keeping their guns.

leadslinger13
08-13-2010, 17:02
Now that's what i am talking about. i knew there was a reason i wanted to move back