Color printer/scanner/fax recommendation- [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Color printer/scanner/fax recommendation-

filthy infidel
06-24-2010, 10:21
Hi folks,

I've got a customer who's HP printer died. She wants to have scan/fax/color/bw print capability as well as wireless connectivity. She's not too concerned about price but is concerned about ongoing ink costs.

What would you buy?

Sonnytoo
06-29-2010, 11:03
I have a HP PhotoSmart 2710 All-in-one inkjet unit that has worked well for about 2-3 yrs. I had a 2610 before that, but it pooped out and was replaced with this one under warranty. Yes, it is wireless. I like it, but it eats the inkjet cartridges.
Sonnytoo

Ragin Cajun
07-01-2010, 18:17
I have a Brother All in one, three in fact. Two in use and one back-up. Thus all my main printers use the same ink carts. Bought two of them at model close-out from Staples. I have found Staples to have good selection and price. Mine is a MFC-240C.

Ink is an issue with all ink jets, the name is more than coincidental.

An advantage of HP is each time you change carts, you get a new print head, although I have yet to have an issue with my Brother. On the previous Brother printer I tried the "house brand" carts, never make that mistake again!

RC

glocksicle
07-01-2010, 18:26
I love my HP Photosmart c309a series it has everything you're looking for and simple wireless network connectivity i use mine everyday

stopatrain
07-01-2010, 18:36
I purchased a HP Officejet 6500 a few weeks ago at Best buy on sale for $119.
It's a sheet feed scanner + fax + printer + copier. Works great.

RockyMtnScotsman
07-01-2010, 18:43
We have two Brother "all in one" that are moderate at best.

Print quality is uninspiring even with quality paper.
The only inkjet I've seen with a bigger thirst for ink is my parents Lexmark.
It does have separate cartridges for each of 3 colors and 1 black, but if one of the color cartridges is empty and you want to print black text only - no dice.

I plan to replace mine with an HP soon. I'm hearing good things about the Kodak line of printers, but haven't checked into them yet.