Front Meprolight Sight -Reuse? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Front Meprolight Sight -Reuse?

glock031
06-24-2010, 11:54
Greetings Hey guys could i reuse a front mepro nightsight that has been installed with red loctite about a month ago? If so what's the prefered method for removing it without damaging it. I already have the tools for the job. Local gun shop put the wrong size on my glock #31. They put 6.5mm mepros. The right size should be 6.9mm. I believe the front size differs too +0, should be +1. I want to put this set on my model #19 and the right sizes on my model #31...... Thanks in advance.......Gkock031

smoke
06-24-2010, 13:33
It should be no problem getting it loose without heat if you have a nutdriver that you can get a grip on. The surface area of the screw is so small, it shouldn't be a problem. I'd clean it good before reuse.

samuse
06-25-2010, 07:34
You'll more than likely shear the head off if you just try to back it out without heat. I have had good luck using a small torch lighter to heat the bolt and a couple drops of penetrating oil. When the bolt starts to move, back it out a little, then screw it back in a little, to help break up Locktite.

8th SPS USAF
06-25-2010, 09:49
I put the slide in the freezer for a couple of hours. I cracks the LT somehow.

Just becarefull about unscrewing the nut. If still tight , put back in freezer.

If does not have nut, the cold should still work in the dovetail.

Good luck

8th