C.O. Arms 1911's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : C.O. Arms 1911's

glock2740
06-24-2010, 20:22
I've been interested in these ever since BAC posted a thread about them awhile back. I talked to Tom, the owner, today for awhile on the phone and the more he talked, the more interested I got. He carries the AWP daily and I had originally called about the Scorpion, but the more he talked about the AWP, the more interested I got.(in both) :supergrin: He's a really nice guy and I encouraged him to come join Glock Talk, as this is by far and away, the best 1911 forum on the internet. I told him that things move fast over here and that there was a TON of 1911 guys who were very knowledgable. He sounded like he might be joining us soon. I hope he does. Really nice guy and it sounds like they are really putting alot of effort and quality into their guns. I wish I could shoot one, as I'm intersted enough to buy one. Maybe he'll join us soon.

bac1023
06-24-2010, 20:34
I've been interested in these ever since BAC posted a thread about them awhile back. I talked to Tom, the owner, today for awhile on the phone and the more he talked, the more interested I got. He carries the AWP daily and I had originally called about the Scorpion, but the more he talked about the AWP, the more interested I got.(in both) :supergrin: He's a really nice guy and I encouraged him to come join Glock Talk, as this is by far and away, the best 1911 forum on the internet. I told him that things move fast over here and that there was a TON of 1911 guys who were very knowledgable. He sounded like he might be joining us soon. I hope he does. Really nice guy and it sounds like they are really putting alot of effort and quality into their guns. I wish I could shoot one, as I'm intersted enough to buy one. Maybe he'll join us soon.

Maybe I'll call him too and try to further persuade him to join GT. My shop has one on order, actually four on order from him. I have my eyes on the Scorpion. :supergrin:

http://i636.photobucket.com/albums/uu81/ollituc/scorpion1.jpg

glock2740
06-24-2010, 20:46
Yeah, I really like the Scorpion too. Lots of very usable features for the money and he did a good sales job on me about their quality. This isn't their first rodeo, it's just their first gun that they're putting their name on. I have a feeling that after talking to me, if he hears from you, we'll have one more member on the GT 1911 forum. And a good one at that. He's starting to look for dealers (you listening Dave? :whistling:), and they're out of TN too. (Dave? :whistling:) :rofl:

bac1023
06-24-2010, 20:53
Yeah, I really like the Scorpion too. Lots of very usable features for the money and he did a good sales job on me about their quality. This isn't their first rodeo, it's just their first gun that they're putting their name on. I have a feeling that after talking to me, if he hears from you, we'll have one more member on the GT 1911 forum. And a good one at that. He's starting to look for dealers (you listening Dave? :whistling:), and they're out of TN too. (Dave? :whistling:) :rofl:

Yeah, my dealer just signed up. They were the ones who told me about him, actually.

glock2740
06-24-2010, 21:20
Yeah, my dealer just signed up. They were the ones who told me about him, actually.
Cool. I'd like to try one out. Tom said they were pretty accurate and extemely reliable. They were built for EDC, but they had been able to achieve some pretty good accuracy out of them too.

drc767
06-25-2010, 05:28
I am set up with them. I talked to Tom a couple of weeks ago and he wanted to set something up to get together. I actually received an email yesterday stating they were having a customer shoot in Jackson, TN on Sunday where customers can shoot either model. I am thinking about driving over there and seeing what these pistols are all about. If I do, I will try to get some pictures and post them.

glock2740
06-25-2010, 12:00
Cool. I should have known you'd be on top of things Dave. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to hear a range report. How far is Jackson from Marietta?

drc767
06-25-2010, 12:16
Cool. I should have known you'd be on top of thimgs Dave. :thumbsup:
I can't wait to hear a range report. How far is Jackson from Marietta?

Jackson is a little less than halfway between Nashville and Memphis. Your more than welcome to drive up...

glock2740
06-25-2010, 14:19
I just mapquested it. It's a 6 hour drive, one way. :crying:I'd love to try one of those guns out sometime though. Tom seems like a real nice guy. Tell him to sign on over here at GT, where we have the best 1911 forum on the internet. I told him that he'd like it over here.

glock2740
06-25-2010, 17:44
Tom said his IP address is banned when he tries to get on. Mine was too the other day. I guess we're having some growing pains here on GT. I told him not to give up. Maybe he'll break through soon. :cool:

bac1023
06-25-2010, 17:53
Tom said his IP address is banned when he tries to get on. Mine was too the other day. I guess we're having some growing pains here on GT. I told him not to give up. Maybe he'll break through soon. :cool:

That sucks. I haven't called him yet, but will this coming week on my next day off.

wvglock
06-29-2010, 03:26
Thats on my way to my buddies house. Im going to have to give him a call some time... This might be the best thing Ive heard about Memphis since I got here 6 years ago.