Need help on price check for OLD Colt [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need help on price check for OLD Colt

Substance-P
06-25-2010, 06:03
A friend of the family's has a couple of old guns he would like to sell. He had a chance to show them to my brother and my brother asked me what I thought about fair prices. I know THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PIC :supergrin: but I thought I might be able to get some ballpark information from you guys.

Below is a brief description of the 1911 he wants to sell:

The Colt "Model of the 1911.U.S.Army" pistol I showed you yesterday is stamped No 150XX on the frame. It is caliber 45 ACP; is in good used condition with blueing wear; the beginnings of significant patina and some handling marks. It has the double diamond wood grips and an aftermarket magazine. The magazine is in poor to fair condition, and needs to be straightened as it is dragging when loaded. I am no expert, but this piece is obviously old and according to what I have found on the internet, the frame serial number was manufactured for the US Army in a lot of 3750 pistols ranging from 13501 thru 17250 during late 1912 to early 1913. The first year of commercial production manufacture of the 1911 by Colt was 1912.

Does anyone have sense of what this might guy for?