Shipping Ammo? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shipping Ammo?

Glock1911
06-25-2010, 16:18
After doing some gun trading, I find that I have several boxes of ammo that I need to sell. I've Googled "shipping ammuniton" and discovered that I need D.O.T. training to ship ammo and a OMR-D label and ship via UPS or FedEx.
Can anyone confirm this?
If I have to jump through the D.O.T. training hoop, I'm thinking that taking the ammo to the next gun show in my area may be a better alternative.

Merkavaboy
06-25-2010, 16:40
Just box it up and take it to a UPS station and tell them it's ammo and they'll put the ORM-D sticker on your box for you. You can also ship via Fed-Ex.

I ship ammo to my cartridge collecting friends all the time and haven't had a lick of problems.

hotpig
06-26-2010, 06:47
Loaded ammo you just need the ORMD label and a 200lbs crush test box. Shipping hazardous items like primers and gunpowder require hazmat shipping certification.

Glock1911
06-26-2010, 09:50
Loaded ammo you just need the ORMD label and a 200lbs crush test box. Shipping hazardous items like primers and gunpowder require hazmat shipping certification.

Thanks, seems the "200lbs crush test box" is a fairly common item. That makes things easier.