So, like...this is The Place huh? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So, like...this is The Place huh?

Vicarious_Lee
06-25-2010, 21:38
Hi all.:wavey:

Wanted to introduce myself. I've been an admirer of Kahrs for a while, and finally got a P9 for Father's Day. Couldn't be happier with it after about 150 rounds at the range with no hiccups, excellent accuracy, great trigger, and all-day shootability.

I searched The Internets for a good Kahr forum, and it looks like this one gets as much volume and input as any others out there. In fact, a lot of Kahr forums are dead links. I do have a couple questions:

1. Are there any better, higher volume, or more dedicated Kahr forums that I'm missing?

2. I was gonna ask about putting Tetra Gun Grease (my favorite lube) on the rails and in other spots but the forum got hacked as I was cleaning it. Is that cool? I haven't re-shot my P9 with the grease on it, but it sure seems to cycle like all my other guns that I Tetra Grease, which is to say like they've been given an action and trigger-job from a tube of lube. I'll keep y'all posted if anything wonky goes on with this lube setup.

Thanks for the easy-to-access lube diagram, BTW.

Oddly enough, I don't like Glocks. I have tremendous respect for them, and believe that the design will go down in history as one of the finest pistol designs ever, but I don't own one and don't really have any plans to in the future. I did, however, help my father-in-law get a G17 for his first pistol ever earlier this year. He loves it, hates the trigger. We gave him a Streamlight TLR1 for Father's day.

So, anyway, it looks like this is "The Place" for Kahrs.

Glad I could join,

Lee

DakPara
06-26-2010, 01:27
May wish to also have a look at:

http://kahrtalk.com/

Cheers ...

FLSlim
06-26-2010, 07:12
And it you haven't, you could also look at: http://www.handgunforum.net/kahr/

Linux3
06-26-2010, 13:56
I've been to kahrtalk.com and a couple of other sites.
I guess you get use to something and get to know the people and .......
This is a pretty good Kahr site just don't compare them to Glocks.
We all know they are hugely better you just can't say that on glocktalk.

8th SPS USAF
06-26-2010, 15:19
Linux3,

Welcome, great site for KAHR info as is Kahr Talk. Great people

on both. Glad your first KAHR works for you. Mine does also. I have

several KAHR's. 9/45 8th

Patchman
06-29-2010, 16:08
Oddly enough, I don't like Glocks. I have tremendous respect for them, and believe that the design will go down in history as one of the finest pistol designs ever, but I don't own one and don't really have any plans to in the future.

I have to agree with you. I own 2 G19s and a G26, which I use for CCW only. No other purpose. I would give a NIB Glock to my each of my children as a SD tool, but would never collect them, pass them to my children as heirlooms, or give them as sentimental gifts/mementos for life events such as graduating from the FBI Academy, SEAL school, etc...