Brazilian JJ! ( strikeforce spoiler ) [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Brazilian JJ! ( strikeforce spoiler )

Allegra
06-27-2010, 01:50
Woohoo Fedor gets triangle choked!

I wonder if in the rush to finish the fight nakalimutan nya si werdum kalaban nya

horge
06-27-2010, 02:53
That's exactly what I thought happened.
Fedor thought he had a chance to close out, and got super careless.

Allegra
06-27-2010, 04:02
reading the mma forums , under pressure si fedor to give a spectaculr ending sa mga fights nya to raise his price
Hinaharang pala ng ufc mga sponsorship nya kasi

nagtataka ako , hindi pa sunk deep yung triangle parang he still wasnt trying to escape
When werdum grabbed his shin at palalim na , I thought he was going to do some secret russian traingle choke escape hehe patay, tap si fafa

still, i think he wins the rematch then beats overeem

bikethief
06-27-2010, 07:04
Hehe. Ganyan talaga. Out of sight, out of mind. Parang laser sword ni Voltes V. Papagulpi muna siya and then pag patapos na yung episode, BOOM!

V-Cut si Beast Fighter.

Kaiser Soze
06-27-2010, 20:11
Watched it a few times (it's on Youtube!) and Werdum was barely hit by the punch that sent him to the floor...

Maybe he sold the knockdown so Fedor would try to go for the finish early, and then get him in a submission?

paltik454
06-27-2010, 21:06
Watched it a few times (it's on Youtube!) and Werdum was barely hit by the punch that sent him to the floor...

Maybe he sold the knockdown so Fedor would try to go for the finish early, and then get him in a submission?

Yup, looks like it was a trap for Fedor. Too bad he jumped in and werdum reminds me of a spider wrapping its prey in his web.:cool:

Allegra
06-27-2010, 23:44

I dunno
mga heavyweights kasi e, kahit daplis malakas pa din ang tama
plus , confident si fedor on the ground
Dun sa 3 laban nila ni NOg sa Pride, he was inside nog's guard walang magawa submission si NOg, fedor just kept powering out of big nog's sbmission attempts then ground and pound
Kahit si ricardo arona , wala rin nagawa kay fedor

Pero mas excited ako ke Overeem vs brock

Kaiser Soze
06-28-2010, 02:01
I dunno
mga heavyweights kasi e, kahit daplis malakas pa din ang tama
plus , confident si fedor on the ground
Dun sa 3 laban nila ni NOg sa Pride, he was inside nog's guard walang magawa submission si NOg, fedor just kept powering out of big nog's sbmission attempts then ground and pound
Kahit si ricardo arona , wala rin nagawa kay fedor

Pero mas excited ako ke Overeem vs brock

Actually some people think that the Arona fight was close, I'm trying to find my older copy so I can review it...

As for Overeem vs Brock...I think Brock takes it by GNP, Alistair is a beast, but has had problems with more established wrestlers and grapplers. I'm surprised that his BJJ hasn't been better, AFAIK he's being trained by one of the better BJJ teachers out there, Marc Laimon of Cobra Kai Jiu Jitsu (no joke, that's the real name of his school).

Allegra
06-28-2010, 02:24
Actually some people think that the Arona fight was close, I'm trying to find my older copy so I can review it...

As for Overeem vs Brock...I think Brock takes it by GNP, Alistair is a beast, but has had problems with more established wrestlers and grapplers. I'm surprised that his BJJ hasn't been better, AFAIK he's being trained by one of the better BJJ teachers out there, Marc Laimon of Cobra Kai Jiu Jitsu (no joke, that's the real name of his school).

Pero Overeem lost when he was still a 205er, usually he'd gas out due to the weight cut
Ngayon he's 260 na yata and hasnt lost since if i'm not mistaken in mma and k1
gusto ko lang ma knockout si Brock hehe

Kaiser Soze
06-28-2010, 21:51
Pero Overeem lost when he was still a 205er, usually he'd gas out due to the weight cut
Ngayon he's 260 na yata and hasnt lost since if i'm not mistaken in mma and k1
gusto ko lang ma knockout si Brock hehe

Do you think Carwin has a chance to do it? Alistair hasn't lost in StrikeForce, but I think he lost a couple of fights in K1 in his new gigantic weight.

Allegra
06-28-2010, 22:58
This weekend pala yun!
Lakas sumuntok ni Carwin , ang laki ng kamay w/ 260lbs behind it hehe
Nga lang brock is a huge guy who moves like a smaller fighter

btw, i'm just an mma fanboy hehe I wouldnt know a straight from a hook

seiko5
06-29-2010, 09:19

I think Allistair Overeem's ground game is really underrated. I remember him subbing Vitor Belfort and Igor Vov in 1 of the Pride GPs. During that time he also qualified in ADCC by winning the trials in his country but didn't compete due to taking an MMA match. Although I don't think any of this matters if he fights brock. Either he finishes him standing or he gets pounded in the ground.

Allegra
06-29-2010, 17:50
I think Allistair Overeem's ground game is really underrated. I remember him subbing Vitor Belfort and Igor Vov in 1 of the Pride GPs. During that time he also qualified in ADCC by winning the trials in his country but didn't compete due to taking an MMA match. Although I don't think any of this matters if he fights brock. Either he finishes him standing or he gets pounded in the ground.

yan nga iniisip ko
can brock keep him on the ground?
Alistair threw brett rogers like a ragdoll hehe

genderk
06-29-2010, 19:07
I really believe he got Werdum with his punch although it was not hard to knock him out, and Werdum knew he cannot fight Fedor standing up that's why he decided to get down. He just got lucky Fedor was over-confident and did not realized he will be trapped.

genderk
06-29-2010, 19:09
This weekend pala yun!
Lakas sumuntok ni Carwin , ang laki ng kamay w/ 260lbs behind it hehe
Nga lang brock is a huge guy who moves like a smaller fighter

btw, i'm just an mma fanboy hehe I wouldnt know a straight from a hook

bro, I really believe with this new guy Carwin to beat Lesnar... I have seen his past several fights and he has the potential of knocking him down.

seiko5
06-29-2010, 21:17
yan nga iniisip ko
can brock keep him on the ground?
Alistair threw brett rogers like a ragdoll hehe

I think IF brock can get him down and pinned against the cage then Alistair is gonna have a very long night hehe. Although Alistair is very good on the clinch, both striking and with the throws as you said. For me, I'd give Overeem a slight advantage. I think brock's entire game is overrated and over hyped by the UFC. He was having trouble taking down the smaller couture and was hit by a good knee by mir. If that knee came from Alistair, I think it would mean nighty night for him haha.

Allegra
06-30-2010, 17:15
so who's pound for pound #1 na?

Anderson silva would be my vote

Allegra
06-30-2010, 17:38
eto pala rorion's sons breaking down the armlock to triangle ni Werdum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1N23qOTqZo&feature=player_embedded

si rener's enthusiasm at hyper na pagsasalita at snapping ng fingers parang nakaka hypnotize magturo :)

Allegra
07-04-2010, 22:51
anybody watch 116?

not only did brock win , I was cheering him hehe
Parang si FPJ! ( for anyone who old enough to watch his movies )

na expose si Carwin , may problema sa conditioning
a body that huge cant get rid of lactic acid fast enough even though his cardio was fine

Wp.22
07-05-2010, 04:51
Akala ko carwin na kaso ubos hangin din tibay din ni brock medyo bilib na ako kay lesnar pero carwin pa din ako

seiko5
07-05-2010, 06:04
I think Carwin became excited and rushed to much to finish so he blew his wad early on haha. Although this fight probably gave Junior dos santos and Cain Velasquez added confidence and insights on how to fight Brock. Sayang, walang high level bjj players sa heavyweight sa UFC. I'd love to see Brock in the guard of maybe Werdum or even Pedepano or Roger

Allegra
07-05-2010, 06:38
I think Carwin became excited and rushed to much to finish so he blew his wad early on haha. Although this fight probably gave Junior dos santos and Cain Velasquez added confidence and insights on how to fight Brock. Sayang, walang high level bjj players sa heavyweight sa UFC. I'd love to see Brock in the guard of maybe Werdum or even Pedepano or Roger

Sabi ni Carwin di daw sya pagod , kaso his body wouldnt respond
Kaya it's the lactic acid his muscles produced , his body couldnt get rid of it fast enough, ayun nag seize up

Pero I think Cain saw an advanage nga
Lesnar was lost on his back, doing nothing but catch the punches in his face

Pero ganda ng set up ng arm triangle when he was on top , derecho mount then lipat sa side to tighten the choke.
Ngalang , awin wasnt defending anymore
I dont think Cain will have that problem

Ganda ng heavyweights :)

Puro submission pala kagabi

seiko5
07-06-2010, 05:52
Sabi ni Carwin di daw sya pagod , kaso his body wouldnt respond
Kaya it's the lactic acid his muscles produced , his body couldnt get rid of it fast enough, ayun nag seize up

Pero I think Cain saw an advanage nga
Lesnar was lost on his back, doing nothing but catch the punches in his face

Pero ganda ng set up ng arm triangle when he was on top , derecho mount then lipat sa side to tighten the choke.
Ngalang , awin wasnt defending anymore
I dont think Cain will have that problem

Ganda ng heavyweights :)

Puro submission pala kagabi

Ganda nga ng last na UFC. Nakakasurprise na nag attempt ng sub si brock nung naka mount, akala ko mag gnp. Yung grip kasi wala sa bicep habang nag attempt ng arm triangle, grabe siguro lakas nya para matapos yun ng ganun