What would you change with your kit? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : What would you change with your kit?

durabo
06-27-2010, 13:46
Hey guys...

Im doing some research on some things for a major military website.

Im looking for ideas/issues/upgrades to the standard load out.

Doesnt matter what branch you are with, veteran or present.

Im looking for things you like about your weapon gear, kit, or load outs. Or things you dont like and are looking for a solution!

Not different caliber bullets... but say your weapon is hanging up on your kit because of some huge piece of equipment hanging off and you'd like a more low profile solution. Or anything like that.

Not really looking at the weapons themselves, but if its an upgraded piece or accessory thats more in in line.

i.e. PMAGs, special stocks, grips, whatever.

Im trying to get some more focus on innovative new ideas that can be adapted from the civilian market into the military troops on the ground.

There are alot of ideas out there and I think there are many things that the our troops could benefit from.

I appreciate any and all ideas!

M1A Shooter
06-27-2010, 14:15
most of these are very personal decisions based on missions. if you look at the gear in any real combat unit, it will vary greatly.

my biggest complaint for everything was the bulk and weight. i prefer lower profile single magpouches stretched across my chest rather than a couple double or triple mag pouches.

i also think that a better pistol grip on the rifles would aid in proper trigger control and better accuracy. my hands arent huge but the a2 grip seems rediculous to me and to get a proper trigger squeeze, i didnt always have a good grip on the pistol grip and relied on the forearm grip more.

durabo
06-27-2010, 14:36
most of these are very personal decisions based on missions. if you look at the gear in any real combat unit, it will vary greatly.

my biggest complaint for everything was the bulk and weight. i prefer lower profile single magpouches stretched across my chest rather than a couple double or triple mag pouches.

i also think that a better pistol grip on the rifles would aid in proper trigger control and better accuracy. my hands arent huge but the a2 grip seems rediculous to me and to get a proper trigger squeeze, i didnt always have a good grip on the pistol grip and relied on the forearm grip more.

Thats exactly the type of stuff im looking for.

Any other styles/brands you prefer?

Anyone else have thoughts on this?

M1A Shooter
06-27-2010, 15:33
i have an ergo suregrip on my personal rifle.

pisc1024
05-16-2014, 22:29
Plate hangers are awesome, I felt bad for all the dudes I would see walking around with those crappy iOTV. Those things suck!