Top Shot TV show scam? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Top Shot TV show scam?

WilyCoyote
06-27-2010, 22:00
So I'm watching this show called Top Shot, where a bunch of top shooters from wherever compete for a prize. Like most reality shows they have to eliminate a team member on every show.

On this episode I saw, one of the weaker players, James was up against a strong player, Ian. The challenge consisted of six pendulums with ceramic plates (dinner, not armor) on them lined up in a row front to back in front of the shooter. 3 were blue and 3 were red and the colors alternated. You get 1 pt for hitting red and -1 pt for hitting a blue.

The challenge was to shoot only the red plates while the pendulums were swinging. So when the challenge starts the pendulums are released one at a time, from back to front and the shooter is told to start when all are swinging.

So when the more popular shooter, Ian starts, he gets all 3 reds and hits no blue. good boy. but when James goes, he (suprising to everyone else) hits all three reds, but he lost the challege cuz he also hit a blue plate.

Now I think he was set up because (thanks to DVR rewind and slow motion) u see that a red plate pendulum was released right when a swinging blue went behind it effectively making it impossible for James to hit the red without the bullet passing through and also hitting the blue.

I watched this over and over and Ian's plates were all swinging in different places, but James had two swinging together. Was this a scam?

bobandshawn
06-28-2010, 08:42
Just bad editing...

Colorado4Wheel
06-28-2010, 09:03
Your right, they should have edited that out.

waktasz
07-03-2010, 14:50
There's a thread on Brian's forum with a bunch of the members from the show participating...go ask there

South Fla
07-03-2010, 15:20
There's a thread on Brian's forum with a bunch of the members from the show participating...go ask there

What forum???

Could you be a wee bit more specific?

I know lots of Brians.

waktasz
07-03-2010, 15:24
If you don't know, or can't figure out how to google it, maybe it's better you're not a member ;)

ron59
07-03-2010, 20:21
What forum???

Could you be a wee bit more specific?

I know lots of Brians.

Brian Enos

South Fla
07-03-2010, 22:11
If you don't know, or can't figure out how to google it, maybe it's better you're not a member ;)

Maybe it is better that I am not and have to deal with your ilk.

South Fla
07-03-2010, 22:12
Brian Enos

Thank you for answering my questions in a respectful and informative manner.
:thumbsup:

waktasz
07-03-2010, 22:35
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=brian%27s+forum