CCW reciprocity between NY and other states [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : CCW reciprocity between NY and other states

MichiganPython
06-29-2010, 09:20
Anyone have thoughts on how the McDonald vs Chicago Supreme Court decision might affect how NYS views CCW reciprocity with other states? Or will it continue to be a lost cause?

kennjen
07-03-2010, 20:26
from what I understand, it won't.

The ruling was relative to being armed in your home/dwelling. It doesn't have any thing to do with reciprocity or CC.

I could be wrong.

MAS49.56
07-03-2010, 20:35
from what I understand, it won't.

The ruling was relative to being armed in your home/dwelling. It doesn't have any thing to do with reciprocity or CC.

I could be wrong.

It incorporated the ENTIRE 2nd Amendment. Just needs to be some more major lawsuits to define what "Bear Arms" means. All your other rights don't stop at your front door why would this one?

kennjen
07-06-2010, 13:37
It incorporated the ENTIRE 2nd Amendment. Just needs to be some more major lawsuits to define what "Bear Arms" means. All your other rights don't stop at your front door why would this one?

I shouldn't have stuck my nose in where I'm not an expert. YOu could be right... It's just that what I read is that the ruling was regarding bearing arm inside of your dwelling. It may have other implications, but again from what I read, the direct result is regarding any thing at your dwelling.

HandyMan Hugh
07-06-2010, 13:46
IMO, this issue will become another of MANY lawsuits against oppressive governments at the city, state, and federal levels.