Load data for all copper 130gr? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Load data for all copper 130gr?

westportian
06-29-2010, 11:21
Hello all. I'm a security guard currently carrying a S&W revolver. I recently acquired a Glock 20 and love it. To carry it as my duty weapon I'm required to qualify with it at the police range. The Kansas City MO police range only allows lead free ammunition.

I realize that I could buy loaded ammunition, but it's expensive, so I'd rather load my own. I see MidwayUSA lists Magtech 130 gr Solid Copper Bullets for a fair price. Any advice on a mild target load?

_The_Shadow
06-30-2010, 23:46
Westportian, welcome to Glock Talk!

The all copper bullet are longer than lead counter parts and thus take up more space in the casing so reducing powder charges is necessary to keep pressures under control. Seeing how you are not looking for the full power you could load charges for the lower end of the 135 grain jacketed(lead core) HP's and maybe even reduce 0.01grain or 0.02grains more to give you what you seek!

Best regards! Enjoy the forum...

Whaledriver
07-02-2010, 11:04
You will love the G20! One of my favorite pistols for sure. Love the ability to shoot a variety of bullet weights and power. Plus 15+1 capacity is nice firepower for a small package.