HK 45 wish... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : HK 45 wish...

jayzazueta
06-29-2010, 21:20
I wish I could have it in California! I just saw "book of Eli" and could not help drool over that pistol. I wish California would change the way they did things...I'm gonna see how I can get this gun. I know right now I would have to be a Peace officer under 830.1 or 830.2 in the Ca penal code.:steamed:

JBnTX
06-29-2010, 21:45
Vote all those liberal anti-gun bastards out of office and you will be able to own one.

I love my HK45!

BlayGlock
06-29-2010, 22:40
I just saw "book of Eli" and could not help drool over that pistol

Lol. You and me both.

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233590

H&K 4 LIFE
06-30-2010, 07:27
As far as I understand CA law, if a police officer purchases the pistol and sells it to you in a private transaction then that is completely legal.

jayzazueta
06-30-2010, 09:32
As far as I understand CA law, if a police officer purchases the pistol and sells it to you in a private transaction then that is completely legal.

Yeah I heard that also...Its just that gun shop owners dont like that. Most all the shops out here are ran by current or retired LEO's so they know were kinda cheating the system. I'll just wait and see what happens...

SFF900
06-30-2010, 15:47
Not from California but I am curious what law makes it so you cant own an HK45? It doesn't hold more than ten rounds? It's not a scary black rifle? Dang the gun laws there are worse than I thought.

Here is some motivation to move to a free state... :) but seriously I hope you find a way to own one it is a great pistol.

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg61/SFF900/HK/IMG_0002.jpg?t=1277934457

turrican
06-30-2010, 19:30
The manufacturers have to pay off the right crooks in California politics every year or the gun is made illegal unless you are a cop or other government worker doing their bidding.

gatorglockman
06-30-2010, 20:12
Neuter those liberal SOB's one by one in the elections my friend and get your laws right. It can be done.

H&K 4 LIFE
07-01-2010, 08:24
Yeah I heard that also...Its just that gun shop owners dont like that. Most all the shops out here are ran by current or retired LEO's so they know were kinda cheating the system. I'll just wait and see what happens...

Hey, CA wrote the law, and theres an obvious loophole in it. If I wanted the pistol badly enough I would exploit it. Nothing illegal about that and in the end who really cares who "doesn't like it". :)

tx787
07-02-2010, 14:50
You will be able to get one in CA if you are patient and persistent.

People moving to CA can bring any handguns they want that aren't "assault weapons" and don't have more than 10 round magazines. They are then able to sell their guns to a private party through an FFL.

Direct family members (maybe just parents not 100% sure) can also buy guns not on the list that aren't "assault weapons" and then gift them to family members in CA though an FFL intrafamily transfer. I.e son lives in CA and his dad lives in TX so his dad could buy him an HK45 and then son could later decide he doesn't want it and then sell it through an FFL to an individual.

So I would imagine there are probably a couple of HK45s available each year in CA. These will never be added to the handgun roster because they don't have magazine disconnect locks which are now required for new applicants.