Model 57 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Model 57

BamaTrooper
06-29-2010, 22:04
I have a chance to pick up a never been fired no dash 6' model 57. The gun has been in the wood presentation box with the crappy fake velvet and it has a few spots where it has small rust getting started.

The person also has a 4" nickel 57. It is in excellent shape but has no box. It has also very litle in the way of round count.

What is a good offering price on each?

Carolina Drifter
07-01-2010, 16:03
I have a chance to pick up a never been fired no dash 6' model 57. The gun has been in the wood presentation box with the crappy fake velvet and it has a few spots where it has small rust getting started.

The person also has a 4" nickel 57. It is in excellent shape but has no box. It has also very litle in the way of round count.

What is a good offering price on each?

I always check gunbroker.com to see what they're going for.

deadite
07-02-2010, 10:38
Maybe, $600.00 for each one.

I passed up a nice 57 in the presentation box for $550.00 and now I regret it. 41 Mag is pretty cool.

Read this article:

http://www.notpurfect.com/main/m57.htm

deadite

BamaTrooper
07-07-2010, 20:17
Maybe, $600.00 for each one.

I passed up a nice 57 in the presentation box for $550.00 and now I regret it. 41 Mag is pretty cool.

Read this article:

http://www.notpurfect.com/main/m57.htm

deadite

Well she has a bunch of guns she got when her boyfriend died. I have been helping her look into asking prices.
I told her to let me make an offer on the 4" nickeled 57 in the blue flip top box; date on the box is Feb of 1983. I told her the BBGV had the 57 at 475 for 95% and +10% for nickel. I couldn't go that high because I just bought a G26 and I told her so.
She asked what I would offer so I told her 400, maybe 450. She countered with 300:faint:. Color me shocked. I told her she might find someone willing to pay more, but she insisted that since I was helping her out (I am also going to clean some of the guns and set them on a table at the next gun show) she would let me have it for that price.
Now I am all about a deal, but I couldn't let her take that big of a hit. I told her I would give her 350 later this week and she accepted. Let me take the gun with me and bring the check next week:supergrin:.

deadite
07-08-2010, 06:56
Well she has a bunch of guns she got when her boyfriend died. I have been helping her look into asking prices.
I told her to let me make an offer on the 4" nickeled 57 in the blue flip top box; date on the box is Feb of 1983. I told her the BBGV had the 57 at 475 for 95% and +10% for nickel. I couldn't go that high because I just bought a G26 and I told her so.
She asked what I would offer so I told her 400, maybe 450. She countered with 300:faint:. Color me shocked. I told her she might find someone willing to pay more, but she insisted that since I was helping her out (I am also going to clean some of the guns and set them on a table at the next gun show) she would let me have it for that price.
Now I am all about a deal, but I couldn't let her take that big of a hit. I told her I would give her 350 later this week and she accepted. Let me take the gun with me and bring the check next week:supergrin:.

Great deal!!

Btw, there's an article about 57's by Clint Smith in this months Handgunner mag or it might be in Guns magazine. I get them both. Way back when, the 41 mag was supposed to be the newest and greatest law enforcement caliber, but it never really caught on except with faithful followers.

deadite

Ajon412
07-31-2010, 14:01

Bro, you're a stand up guy. Good luck with it. I had a 57. I traded it long with a few other handguns back in 1992 for a TSW3953, which was an authorized off duty weapon for my prior agency. I wish I still had it. One of these days I'm gonna pick up a 58. I've always wanted one of those....