Deer Season Starts Today!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deer Season Starts Today!!!

vafish
06-30-2010, 10:19
Just got a phone call from a landowner. He just got his damage control permit. In the past it usually becomes effective in August. This one has an effective date of today.

It's a small suburban plot and archery only.

Got a 4 day weekend coming up and of course I really need to get the rear brakes fixed on my jeep then get the safety inspection done that will take most of Friday up. Saturday is our towns 4th of July festival (on the 3rd :shakehead: ) and I'm driving a float in the parade. Sunday is no hunting. Might be able to get out Monday. No weather forecast for Monday yet, want to bet it rains?

CanyonMan
06-30-2010, 12:34
Just got a phone call from a landowner. He just got his damage control permit. In the past it usually becomes effective in August. This one has an effective date of today.

It's a small suburban plot and archery only.

Got a 4 day weekend coming up and of course I really need to get the rear brakes fixed on my jeep then get the safety inspection done that will take most of Friday up. Saturday is our towns 4th of July festival (on the 3rd :shakehead: ) and I'm driving a float in the parade. Sunday is no hunting. Might be able to get out Monday. No weather forecast for Monday yet, want to bet it rains?

Naw amigo. Let's believe the best here, and you go Monday get your deer and have a great time. (if you ain't to wore out from all those previous activities) :supergrin:

Good hunting
have fun

CM

The AmBASSaDEER
06-30-2010, 12:40
Are yall allowed to keep the deer? Here we have to let it lay..

vafish
07-01-2010, 06:33
Are yall allowed to keep the deer? Here we have to let it lay..

Damage control permit allows for personal use, donation to charity, or burial. Cannot leave them lay, unless they can't be recovered.

CanyonMan
07-05-2010, 07:49
Well, Its Monday. Hope your out huntin. Let us know if you got something !

Good luck !

CM

vafish
07-05-2010, 11:55
Well, Its Monday. Hope your out huntin. Let us know if you got something !

Good luck !

CM

Unfortunately not out hunting. Had too many Honey do's to get done and it's 99 degrees in the shade right now.

My hunting partner did get out on Saturday morning for a couple of hours. The damage control permit is for does only. He had 5 bucks walking around him for most of the morning including one very large 9 point. When he packed up and left there was a doe standing in the neighbors property as he drove out.