Wait time for class III things you might buy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Wait time for class III things you might buy

glockman40357459mm
06-30-2010, 20:04
I was informed about a website that some of you might be interested in it's basically what the wait time is for getting what you bought from the time of purchase to the time of getting it in your hands. If anyone has bought anything it gives you an idea of how soon they cash your check till you get that tax stamp. http://www.nfatracker.com/

Glockdude1
06-30-2010, 20:11
Having a Trust makes for a much smoother process.

:thumbsup:

DARKSHADOW
07-01-2010, 06:33
Wow #8 even went backwards in time.

SBR 9" Barrel - AR-15
Form 1 F1 Trust
Dec 22, 2009
Dec 23, 2009
Feb 23, 2009
Feb 27, 2009
Jason Frushour

:tongueout:

UZIFORME
07-04-2010, 23:05
Having a Trust makes for a much smoother process.

:thumbsup:

I find it pretty common that those who don't have a good working relationship with their CLEO always think that since they have to do a workaround trust, that they need to push it as the best option for everyone.

Nothing is better than having the signature of the boss of the man who pulls you over on your paperwork.

Glockdude1
07-05-2010, 07:28
I find it pretty common that those who don't have a good working relationship with their CLEO always think that since they have to do a workaround trust, that they need to push it as the best option for everyone.

Nothing is better than having the signature of the boss of the man who pulls you over on your paperwork.

I should have added, a trust makes for a smoother process, for those that cannot get a CLEO signature.

:cool:

Fireman1291
07-08-2010, 05:01

Actually, a trust is still better. You can name who else has access to your NFA item(trustees), who they go to upon your passing and you bypass all photos, prints, etc. Why would anyone want to get a CLEO signoff is beyond me.:dunno:

nnickatnight
07-08-2010, 06:47
A trust has an additional cost associated with setting it up and the signature is free if you can get one. This is only speculation on my part but having others named on paper in a trust may allow a civil attorney to go after such property as assets should one or more parties be involved in a civil suit at a later date. Both processes work, I don't think one is inherently better than the other unless you have no choice between the two.

CAR-AR-M16
07-08-2010, 07:29
Actually, a trust is still better. You can name who else has access to your NFA item(trustees), who they go to upon your passing and you bypass all photos, prints, etc. Why would anyone want to get a CLEO signoff is beyond me.:dunno:

An individual's NFA items transfer tax free on an ATF Form 5 to the lawful heir. It is just as easy as a trust.

UZIFORME
07-08-2010, 21:49
If you actually dealt with the ATF for a living, you would not be so quick to set up a trust for NFA purchases.

Fireman1291
07-09-2010, 17:19
There is not a CLEO within 200miles of me that will signoff.

glockman40357459mm
04-02-2011, 22:45
I know this is a old post but did get my cans in 33 days from the time I sent off the check to the day I picked them up would have been 2 dasy sooner but my class III dealer wasnt in his shop for a couple days.

John@JCDLESales
04-04-2011, 21:05
If you actually dealt with the ATF for a living, you would not be so quick to set up a trust for NFA purchases.

Ain't That The Truth Dave:agree:

Fireman1291
04-05-2011, 08:38
As stated. My sherrif is an appointed dick who never spent a day as a cop and he thinks us mere mortals shouldnt be able to aquire class3. So everyone around here does the trust route.

Trusts arent going anywhere and its perfectly safe to use one with the ATF. Dont scare the populace with this jibbrish that trusts are the wrong way to do it. We are well aware of the ATF and how they love to make up rules as they go. But trusts are an accepted way to transfer title2 firearms. Just make sure when you do use a trust to set it up correctyly or use a lawyer and everything will be fine.

John@JCDLESales
04-10-2011, 11:45
As stated. My sherrif is an appointed dick who never spent a day as a cop and he thinks us mere mortals shouldnt be able to aquire class3. So everyone around here does the trust route.

Trusts arent going anywhere and its perfectly safe to use one with the ATF. Dont scare the populace with this jibbrish that trusts are the wrong way to do it. We are well aware of the ATF and how they love to make up rules as they go. But trusts are an accepted way to transfer title2 firearms. Just make sure when you do use a trust to set it up correctyly or use a lawyer and everything will be fine.

I feel sure with your Vast Collection of 20 Guns And 9 Suppressors and the knowledge gained will let those contemplating NFA Trust Transfers sleep a little more soundly tonight. Regardless of the BATFE's Current View Of NFA Trust Acquisitions.

Fireman1291
04-11-2011, 10:56
I feel sure with your Vast Collection of 20 Guns And 9 Suppressors and the knowledge gained will let those contemplating NFA Trust Transfers sleep a little more soundly tonight. Regardless of the BATFE's Current View Of NFA Trust Acquisitions.

:yawn:

It's pompous statements like this that don't get you anywhere. Even if the ATF suddenly said "you can't use trusts anymore " the currently owned and registered items in a persons trust are now property of the trust and have been approved and signed off by the ATF. So please tell me on what grounds would it be legal for them to take them away.....because this to be your "fear" that they will void it and take your toys away.

You're clearly not a lawyer and clearly do not work for the ATF, but you do run a gunshop and bash working folk like myself. Congratulations, you're an a**hole.

John@JCDLESales
04-11-2011, 22:40
:yawn:

It's pompous statements like this that don't get you anywhere. Even if the ATF suddenly said "you can't use trusts anymore " the currently owned and registered items in a persons trust are now property of the trust and have been approved and signed off by the ATF. So please tell me on what grounds would it be legal for them to take them away.....because this to be your "fear" that they will void it and take your toys away.

You're clearly not a lawyer and clearly do not work for the ATF, but you do run a gunshop and bash working folk like myself. Congratulations, you're an a**hole.

Why thank you My Good Man! It is comforting to know that you have such a good working relationship with the BATFE and that you keep yourself abreast of their current views. I myself with a mere 15 year of working with the BATFE find you insight most interesting and refreshing to say the least. I would suggest that maybe when you hear 2 people who have been doing this for a combined span of 30 years that you might just want to listen rather than accuse folks of Bashing and resorting to This S***.

Do some real homework other than the glints you gather from NFA Forums. Inform others that Simple LLC's are a much better way to go regarding NFA Transfers even though they take a few bucks to set up. If I transfer to 5 Trusts 2 out of the 5 are going to come back with something wrong with the Trust. 5 transfers to LLC's all 5 fly. Ya see Mr. Fireman/EMT no one is here to Bash you just trying to keep you from giving unsound advice.:wow:

Yellowfin
04-15-2011, 07:21
If you actually dealt with the ATF for a living, you would not be so quick to set up a trust for NFA purchases.As someone who is married to a wife who likes suppressors just as much as I do and wants one very very badly, I simply could not think of doing the standard individual route. They seriously need to reform the individual process to allow multiple users/possessors if they want us to not go the trust route.

I really hope the ATF gets some serious reform soon so we're no longer prey to shifts in their whims.

Fireman1291
04-15-2011, 08:56
^
Trusts are good to go. Dont worry.

Use a good lawyer in your area that is familiar with setting up a NFA revocable living trust. I did and Ive NEVER had an issue and have 11 tax stamps so far.

John@JCDLESales
04-16-2011, 20:51
^
Trusts are good to go. Dont worry.

Use a good lawyer in your area that is familiar with setting up a NFA revocable living trust. I did and Ive NEVER had an issue and have 11 tax stamps so far.

See there you go again expounding your knowledge of Trusts. There is No Such Thing As A NFA TRUST Of Any Kind! There are a couple Lawyers trying to Capitalize on Their Wording Of "NFA Revocable Living Trust" but in fact there are only Living Revocable Trusts period. Most BATFE Agents will tell you that there are quite a few Approved Trust Transfers out there that are not legal and just because the Form 1 or 4 was Approved means Squat and can end up coming back to Alligator Bite You In The Ass.

To these ends if you are contemplating a Living Revocable Trust please research the subject as best you can and then research LLC's for NFA Transfers.

Fireman1291
04-17-2011, 17:35
As long as you file a trust in accordance with your state laws there is nothing they can do about it. A trust is a legal entity able to take possession. Why the hell would I want to pay yearly fees on a LLC in FL? And you knew what I meant by NFA trust, you can word it how ever you want. I can have it called BJ's super duper gun toting buger king revocable living trust and I can use it to buy title2 weapons.

Thanks for playing.

Go back to selling your "tactical" law enforcement crap, your opinion is not needed.

John@JCDLESales
04-18-2011, 00:24
As long as you file a trust in accordance with your state laws there is nothing they can do about it. A trust is a legal entity able to take possession. Why the hell would I want to pay yearly fees on a LLC in FL? And you knew what I meant by NFA trust, you can word it how ever you want. I can have it called BJ's super duper gun toting buger king revocable living trust and I can use it to buy title2 weapons.

Thanks for playing.

Go back to selling your "tactical" law enforcement crap, your opinion is not needed.

You got it Skippy and after reading 2 pages of your post I know now you Do Know Everything There Is To Know.:rofl:

Fireman1291
04-18-2011, 05:45
Finally you've come to your senses! :)