Have any of you ever tried.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Have any of you ever tried....

Jack23
07-02-2010, 14:27
.....the EXPANDING POINT FMJ advertised in .40 and/or .45 caliber pistol ammo on the ammoman sight? I was snoopin' around in there earlier today and found it. I'm not ever the first to discover anything new but I hadn't heard of this before. I read the full scoop on it by clicking on the "more info" link in the ad. Tells all about the development of it and how it is made and how it performs and the advantages of it. I don't know if it is any good or not but it SOUNDS great.

Anyone?

Go to ammoman.com. Click on either .40 or .45 ammo. scroll down to the ad for EXPANDING POINT FMJs and click on the "more info" link and get the lowdown.

It is an interesting read even if you don't need or plan to buy any.

triggerjerk
07-02-2010, 14:46
You mean the Federal EFMJ?
I've shot some in .45 in a PT1911 that wouldn't feed JHPs (except for TAP) the first few hundred rounds.
Seemed to be hard hitting.
I'd like to see some performance numbers on it though; fbi protocols or otherwise . . .

I'd carry it if I didn't already have plenty of JHPs or wasn't allowed to.

edit: here is some backyard testing that's always fun to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUHbJOoAHkk

Jack23
07-02-2010, 15:10
Thanks for the response and the video. I may just have to try some of that stuff in my G-23 as well as the 21 and 36.

triggerjerk
07-02-2010, 15:16
Sure, but I think the consensus is that if you can get or carry a premium JHP like HST, Ranger T, or Gold Dot, those would be the way to go . . .

glocksterr
07-03-2010, 04:48
gang bangers in Minneapolis love when the cops use them. they all wear down jackets NOW!