Advantage Tactical Sights Holster options [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advantage Tactical Sights Holster options

boonsht
07-02-2010, 20:55
I'm really interested in getting this sight system but i'm afraid the front sight would be too tall. I have a few kydex holsters which seem to have adequate height clearance But I'm not sure about the SF 6004. I was hoping to place it on my G 19 3rd gen in my Safariland 6004 holster. Would it clear?

Tried the search function but nothing conclusive.

ren
07-06-2010, 12:48
I'm really interested in getting this sight system but i'm afraid the front sight would be too tall. I have a few kydex holsters which seem to have adequate height clearance But I'm not sure about the SF 6004. I was hoping to place it on my G 19 3rd gen in my Safariland 6004 holster. Would it clear?

Tried the search function but nothing conclusive.

Boonsht, we've had very few holsters problems with the ATS.. Should there be a holster issue at all, it'll be with front sight drag. I once had some front sight drag with a Fobjus holster (these holsters are tight) and a Sig 229. I filed off about .002" of material from the inside of the holster where the drag was occurring and that resolved the problem and no one was the wiser. In the very rare event of front sight drag, this is an easy and inexpensive option.

ren
blog.advantagetactical.com

boonsht
07-06-2010, 19:26
Thanks for the response, ren. Will be ordering one soon.

Mas Ayoob
07-06-2010, 20:42
I have these sights on a Glock 17, and have been extremely pleased with them. No holster issues so far, with any number of IWB/OWB holsters.