I Phone question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I Phone question

mikegun
07-03-2010, 09:57
Can i buy and use an Iphone without a monthly contract? if so about what will i pay for it ? :wavey:

YamahaBlue
07-03-2010, 12:45
The short version is NO. At&t won't allow iPhone's on their GoPhone, read pre-paid, service.

javelinadave
07-03-2010, 13:10
You can buy one off of E-Bay without a contract. That is what I have done in the past. If you service is with T-Mobile you will need to unlock it. Click here for unlocking info (http://www.jailbreakmatrix.com/)
If you have service with a non GSM provider you are out of luck.

Pierre!
07-03-2010, 15:20
If you buy outside of AT&T, you can go Month to Month when you walk in with your iPhone in your hand...

That is how mine is working right now, so I know it can be done! It's a good feeling knowing that I am not tied to a contract right now.

HTH...

mikegun
07-04-2010, 21:06
What do they clip you to go mo to mo?

Pierre!
07-05-2010, 00:21
That's what sucks - $82.?? / Mo...

Internet, Phone - I decided I'm not paying for Texting cause you can text to a cell phone via email...

HTH

mikegun
07-10-2010, 17:03
i guess ill shut up and keep my motodroid, although i prefer a lighter phone wo the keyboard,

Pierre!
07-10-2010, 18:59
Probably your best bet is to check with your local AT&T shop... Regional rates and options may make it better, or worse!

American Thieves & Thugs... That's why they call em AT&T!

:rofl:

Dandapani
07-10-2010, 19:03
BTW: the new iPhone4 uses the newer, smaller non-compatible with other networks, mini-SIM card just like the iPad. I've seen how-to videos online how to cut down a std SIM card to the mini size, however.

LinuxKnight
07-15-2010, 00:41
If you are on Verizon with a Moto Droid, why not look at the newer Android phones coming? There are several. You won't be able to use an iPhone on VZW, you would have to go with AT&T or T-mobile (and have to unlock it).

In this list, screen size is compared to Droid (3.7" or so).

Moto Droid X- bigger screen, no physical keyboard
Moto Droid 2- same size screen, "better" physical keyboard
Samsung Galaxy S, on VZW is called Fascinate- bigger screen, no kb
Droid Incredible- same size screen, no physical keyboard

All of these have newer 1ghz CPU, more RAM, more flash ROM (app storage), etc than Moto Droid.

Check this site for lots of good info on new Android stuff (and pics).
http://www.androidcentral.com/