Interested in force-on-force firearms training [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Interested in force-on-force firearms training

raising_arizona
07-04-2010, 10:21
I've been concealed carrying for about 7 years now. I practice regularly at the range, do some 3-gun type matches, and night shoots. In all of these cases the ranges are run hot, and we use the 180 rule where your muzzle must stay in front of you.

There is of course no one shooting back so I thought it would be interesting to try a force-on-force class to see how things might transpire where a bad guy (or guys) might have knives, guns, etc.

Can anyone recommend a class that they have taken?

Glenn E. Meyer
07-04-2010, 12:16
Don't know if this helps in Arizona but www.krtraining.com in TX, the traveling classes by Insights Training out of WA state have been excellent.

Once you have some experience, then the prime location for FOF is the NTI at www.teddytactical.com.

It has to be well thought out and supervised to avoid being paintball.

English
07-04-2010, 16:32
http://www.suarezinternational.com/tech.html

Suarez are very good. They are based in Prescot AZ but do courses all over. The following is a good choice as you need point shooting to do force on force. If you can't believe that do FOF first and then you will.

July 31-August 1, 2010 - Point Shooting Progressions & Force-on-Force Gunfighting - Colorado Springs, CO

English

raising_arizona
07-04-2010, 17:50
http://www.suarezinternational.com/tech.html

Suarez are very good. They are based in Prescot AZ but do courses all over. The following is a good choice as you need point shooting to do force on force. If you can't believe that do FOF first and then you will.

July 31-August 1, 2010 - Point Shooting Progressions & Force-on-Force Gunfighting - Colorado Springs, CO

English

IIRC, this is the class that my friend took. I think it was a few years ago, and he went up to Precott. I might not be able to make that July class in CO, but might look into the one in Montana.

It says you need a good Airsoft gun. Now I'll have to troll the airsoft forums. :cool: A Glock 17/19 shouldn't be too hard to find.

Whats this about green gas? :shocked: :rofl:

Puppy
07-05-2010, 03:01
IIRC, this is the class that my friend took. I think it was a few years ago, and he went up to Precott. I might not be able to make that July class in CO, but might look into the one in Montana.

It says you need a good Airsoft gun. Now I'll have to troll the airsoft forums. :cool: A Glock 17/19 shouldn't be too hard to find.

Whats this about green gas? :shocked: :rofl:

If your going to get into airsoft & are looking at getting a gas powered airsoft replica I'd recommend just buying a propane adapter, a small bottle of silicone oil & a couple of 1lb propane canisters instead of green gas, initial cost will be a little higher but it'll save you some money in the long run.

As far as what are good gas powered airsoft pistols? KWA's are extremely well made & reliable, their new NS2 gas systems are very efficient and their PTPs (professional training pistols) are extremely realistic, I would recommend KWA PTP's over any & all other brands, they are a bit more expensive but they are worth the extra scratch IMHO.