Night Sight Question? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Night Sight Question?

tpaw
07-04-2010, 17:36
I am interested in buying Trijicons (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1238616) for my 19 and 26. Can anyone tell me if they come with the wrench and loctite for the front sight as a package, or do you have to buy it separately? I can't seem to find the sights with the wrench and loctite as a package deal? Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Boxerglocker
07-04-2010, 19:41
NO they don't and the only ones that I know of that do are XS Big Dots.... Oh I think Dawson does too.

RayB
07-05-2010, 16:53
I'm not certain about Trijicon either... :headscratch:

In my experience the following sight brands do come with installation tools...

- XS Big Dot
- Dawson Precision
- AmeriGlo

This would be a useful little bit of info to add to the websites, yes? :upeyes:

This is from my Night Sight Review...

Meprolight Night Sights are rugged, well-made, low profile, combat-type sights, with a wide front blade to rear sight notch aspect. Israeli-made Meprolights were the first tritium night sights marketed for use on popular pistols and rifles. Their large lamps appear brighter than other night sights. The lamps and white plastic o-ring markers appear to be embedded in polished epoxy, which resists solvents and makes for easy cleaning. By design, the front sight appears brighter than the rear sight.

Trijicon Night Sights offer tritium lamps surrounded by an aluminum sleeve, pressed into the sight housing, and covered by a sapphire lens. This lens makes the sight markers appear very sharp in the dark, Vs. Meprolight's glowing orbs, and protects the lamps from external damage. The narrower front blade to rear sight notch aspect will be appreciated by sharper eyed shooters at the range. The quality is excellent, but care should be taken when cleaning to avoid harsh solvents and aggressive scrubbing, as the white o-rings are painted on.

AmeriGlo offers the best selection of night sights available. Quality is first-rate, as the sights combine Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. A combination of sight profiles, blade and notch widths, marker configurations, sizes and lamp colors, offers something for everyone. I really like their Operator sights with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

As mentioned, AmeriGlo uses Trijicon lamps in their night sights...

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights

There is also a discount code for AmeriGlo, available through this GT forum...

--Ray

tpaw
07-08-2010, 20:10
I thinik I'll go with the AmeriGlo. Good choice or not? Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. I like that. Your input please.

W4CNG
07-08-2010, 20:39
I just installed a J-Point Red Dot sight on one of my Twin G-19's. It is a really fast target acquisition sight and where the red dot is where the bullit goes. Battery life is up to a year. I have 4 months and counting. This is where target sights are going.

RayB
07-09-2010, 05:07
I thinik I'll go with the AmeriGlo. Good choice or not? Trijicon lamps with white PVC O-rings for markers. I like that. Your input please.

If I were buying night sights today, I'd opt for AmeriGlo Operators or Pro Operators, with a green front and yellow rear lamps!

--Ray

tpaw
07-13-2010, 19:05
Does the front sight fill the rear sight, or does it leave a space on the inside of the rear sight?