G29sf Experiences [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G29sf Experiences

texas 48
07-05-2010, 15:12
Just traded my 29 for a 29sf on Saturday and haven't had a chance to fire it yet. Would like for others who have the 29sf's to share their opinions and observations and their comparisons to the G29 standard frame. Thanks

Glockcubed
07-05-2010, 19:39
Hey Texas 48 - My first was the G20 - I have no problem with it at all, in fact it feels just right. I purchased the 29SF and I have no problem with it - I have the Pierce extension and it is AOK. You will like it - Enjoy - great for carry.

nickE10mm
07-05-2010, 21:56
Just traded my 29 for a 29sf on Saturday and haven't had a chance to fire it yet. Would like for others who have the 29sf's to share their opinions and observations and their comparisons to the G29 standard frame. Thanks

I just sold my G29 but DID get to handle a G29SF model a few days ago. I would say that the grip reduction is VERY pronounced on the G29 and the grip is NOTICEABLY shorter and easier to grip. Much more so than the relative reduction in the G20 - G20SF frames....

I would never get the G29 regular frame again, having felt the SF. SF feels SUPER nice.

Kegs
07-08-2010, 19:45
sf = super fantastic. Don't let Glock dealers tell you it stands for "slim frame". Nonsense. :supergrin:

texas 48
07-08-2010, 22:59
sf = super fantastic. Don't let Glock dealers tell you it stands for "slim frame". Nonsense. :supergrin:

Actually sf means Short Frame. Took to the range today) and it fire 100 without hiccup but I had standard frame G29 and the change in grip will take me a little getting used to. I find myself pulling to right and a little high. Could be my weak hand pushing My heines straight 8's maybe a little off also, but pretty close to right on using the lasermax. At 15 yards got 4 to 5 inch groups no fliers and all hit the paper. Need to slow down and just work on familiarization. My carry is a G20sf and it could be the shorter sight radius. I think I need more rounds out of the gun. I did think recoil was better managed with the shorter grip.fired DT 165gr GS and my own 155gr Hornady XTP both stout loads. My loads clock faster than DT loads. Chamber has better support.

Kegs
07-09-2010, 18:02
Actually sf means Short Frame.

Ummm...No sir, that is incorrect.

texas 48
07-09-2010, 18:27

I am correct sir. Here is the Glock press release for the 2007 SHOT SHOW. Please look at the following link http://www.teamglock.com/PDF-Files/G21%20SF%20Picatinny%20Shot%20Show%202007.pdf

Your apology is accepted. I would suggest you have your facts straight be fore posting.

Maine1
07-09-2010, 18:42
I think he was kiddin'.

texas 48
07-09-2010, 19:23
I think he was kiddin'.

I don't think so. Not for someone who tauts "precision" in his signature. Facts are facts.

nickE10mm
07-09-2010, 21:39

Actually, he IS correct. (Hopefully you weren't joking... don't mean to sound argumentative. Just stating facts)

:)

Cheers!

Kegs
07-10-2010, 09:23
I am correct sir. Here is the Glock press release for the 2007 SHOT SHOW. Please look at the following link http://www.teamglock.com/PDF-Files/G21%20SF%20Picatinny%20Shot%20Show%202007.pdf

Your apology is accepted. I would suggest you have your facts straight be fore posting.

SF stands for SUPER FANTASTIC.

Your post only goes to show that even Glock doesn't know what it stands for. :tongueout:

crockett
07-12-2010, 21:08
I bought a G29 SF about 4 weeks ago and shot it last Friday. I tend to pull to the right too. Maybe my night sights need to be adjusted. The handling is fine even though my pinky kinda falls off the pierce extension grip a bit. Very nice hand gun and fun to shoot with. Never had the none SF; but you will enjoy this frame, trust me.

cheez
07-13-2010, 17:04
I just bought a 20SF but have no experience shooting it yet. I plan to rectify that this weekend. :)

vaquero aleman
07-13-2010, 17:30
had a g20 2nd gen, put a few hunderd rounds thru it and gave it to my boy, got myself a 3rd gen 20sf, put bout a hunderd rounds thru it and I couldn't describe the difference in how the frame feels, except for the finger grooves, which are an obvious difference. the one thing that I can say about it is I couldn't imagine owning any other model than a G20 something!

Cam Cooke
08-06-2010, 10:56
I have 3 10mm handguns a Colt Delta Elite/G20/G29 I like them all about the same but each one for different reason.

The only issue I have with my G29 is with the trigger guard being so close to the bottom of the trigger, when I squeeze the trigger the bottom side of my trigger finger rubs on the inside of the trigger guard just below the trigger?

It drives me nuts if I shoot 100 - 150 rounds my finger is very tender and I almost have a blister from where it rubs on the trigger guard and I do not have large/thick hands/fingers.

Is the trigger guard solid plastic if it is I would like to grind it down or at least smooth it a bit so I don't have this issue any longer?

TwentyNizzo
08-06-2010, 11:09
I just sold my G29 but DID get to handle a G29SF model a few days ago. I would say that the grip reduction is VERY pronounced on the G29 and the grip is NOTICEABLY shorter and easier to grip. Much more so than the relative reduction in the G20 - G20SF frames....

I would never get the G29 regular frame again, having felt the SF. SF feels SUPER nice.

I wouldn't say it's a definitive thing on the SF being superior.

When I bought my 30SF, I had the option between a brand new SF and non-SF model. I had both out and handled both extensively before deciding on the SF. I thought the non-SF felt great in my hand, and the difference to the SF model was very minimal. In fact, I really felt like the non-SF felt a little better. My hands are average size as well. I ended up choosing the SF simply because I wanted the latest and greatest, but by no means would I have been the slightest disappointed with the non-SF.

SDGlock23
08-06-2010, 14:40
I have to hand it to the G29 SF, it shoots very well! I bought mine maybe a month or so ago and it's a great shooter.

crsuribe
08-09-2010, 11:13

No, actually your link is also wrong. It does, in fact, mean Super Fantastic. G.20/29 Super Fantastic.

YOU and your sources need to get some facts straight, sir.

Respectfully,

A concerned Super Fantastic fan.

Two Guns
08-16-2010, 21:36
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:No, actually your link is also wrong. It does, in fact, mean Super Fantastic. G.20/29 Super Fantastic.

YOU and your sources need to get some facts straight, sir.

Respectfully,

A concerned Super Fantastic fan.