Gray barrel on my new G29sf [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gray barrel on my new G29sf

texas 48
07-05-2010, 15:15
The barrel on my new 29sf is a gray color. Hard to show on the pics I have taken. Has anyone noticed this on any 2009 2010 new Glocks? Not a great pic the 29sf barrel is gray not jet black as the 20sf barrel

CometPx4
07-05-2010, 16:04
Absolutely loved mine. Was easy to shoot depending upon what ammo i was using. The shorter frame mad a big difference for me. I traded mine for a 20SF and that is equally as good. The barrel on my new 20SF was grey btw.

Njanear
07-05-2010, 18:45
My 2009 OD G34 came with a grey barrel while my 2010 G23C RTF2 is black. :dunno:

SDGlock23
07-05-2010, 20:53
I just bought a brand new G29 SF and my barrel is "grey" too. I bought a G30 SF several months back and it too has the same color barrel. I noticed at a gun shop a few weeks back that some 9mm and .40 cal Glocks also had the grey-ish barrels.

nickE10mm
07-05-2010, 21:54
I just purchased a NIB G26 and the barrel IS, in fact, gray.

I really like the look of the gray barrels, personally. Haven't even shot it yet so I don't know if there are any accuracy differences in the new barrel design / coating.

VN350X10
07-05-2010, 22:32
Glock barrels are Tennifin coated inside & out. Not all batches come out the same color & the "base" color affects the final shade when the black oxide is applied.
I've glass bead blasted slides, removing the oxide & have seen colors ranging from a stainless steel grey, to bronze, to a honey gold & just about everything imaginable in between & imagine that the barrels can exhibit the same variance.

uncle albert

nickE10mm
07-05-2010, 22:53
Glock barrels are Tennifin coated inside & out. Not all batches come out the same color & the "base" color affects the final shade when the black oxide is applied.
I've glass bead blasted slides, removing the oxide & have seen colors ranging from a stainless steel grey, to bronze, to a honey gold & just about everything imaginable in between & imagine that the barrels can exhibit the same variance.

uncle albert

True, however, as for GLOCK BARRELS, I have never seen any other color than black and now, gray. Its literally a flat gray color and not just a color variance. I've no doubt that the Tenifer coating is still there and still the same... but the color is most DEFINITELY gray on almost all brand new model Glock's I've seen. It looks almost like a coating its so true color.

CanyonMan
07-06-2010, 06:38
I called Glock about this issye oh maybe a year ago concering my new G20. It was a plain an simple..."We are doing it on purpose. This is the way all the new models will look, Gray."

I forget the date they started this, but it was told to me (by Glock) that it is 'most intentional' and is the same for the slide as well. My side and barrels on the last several NEW modes I've bought are all gray. All the other Glocks I own are coal black on slide and barrel. No biggie. Just a "new thing their doing." BTW, They also said it cuts down on glare. I laughed at first, but it surely does. When I put the new gray G20 beside the blue/black G20 outside. There was a noticeable difference in the glare. Again, no biggie. Just their new way.....

Gray G20 on left. Black slide and barrel on right. Some difference in glare.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/GT%20stuff/0903091652a.jpg

Again, Gray on left and black on right.

http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab256/yrag5951/GT%20stuff/0903091652.jpg

CM