I keep loosing my mag's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I keep loosing my mag's

Vdoc
07-05-2010, 23:03
Paired up my CW 40 with a Twin Brother the other day and finally got them out to the range for some serious range time. Both guns shot to point of aim and fed 100% and ejected 100%. That is if the magazine was in the gun. Every other round or so the magazine released and so the next round failed to feed. Make sense it won't feed if the magazine is not in place.
Didn't take long to figure out the problem. Strong hand right thumb tip was releasing the mag! Is there a stronger Mag release spring that I can install? For a pair of carry guns this is unexceptable. I can adjust my grip at the range but in a pinch with my normal grip this just isn't going to work. Any other sugestions before two great shooting KAHR's and 4 magazines go on the Auction Block here in North Texas!:steamed:

mitchg233
07-06-2010, 11:30
kahr will send you a new release and spring for free, try that.

Bronson
07-07-2010, 22:17
Are you sure it's you? Mine was doing the same thing and I also thought it was me but it ended needing the frame replaced. Have you tried shooting it left handed?

Bronson

Vdoc
07-08-2010, 13:06
Will give KAHR a call. Thanks for the replys.
Bronson Thanks I thought of taht too. Left handed shooters (happen to have two with Me) had no problem.
I'll Up Date when I call KAHR.

Vdoc
07-19-2010, 12:49
Ordered Two new Mag Releases and Springs. Same Problem.
KAHRS are going to the gun shows. Buyers Be Ware.........
I'm not Spemding another $100.00 to send "em Back.

Bronson
07-19-2010, 19:04
Ordered Two new Mag Releases and Springs. Same Problem.
KAHRS are going to the gun shows. Buyers Be Ware.........
I'm not Spemding another $100.00 to send "em Back.

Contact them and tell them you want them to cover shipping it back to them. There's a good chance they'll cover it.

Alternately you could ask your local dealer to send it to them because a FFL can send it through the regular mail for much less $$. The dealer where I bought mine covered the initial trip back and then Kahr covered the, several, follow up return trips.

Selling a known broken gun will make you bad person.

Bronson

Vdoc
07-25-2010, 10:03
Bronson said

Kahr covered the, several, follow up return trips.

Several Return Trips!................ I wouldn't have been as patient!

Actually I don't think there's any thing wrong now with either of my CW's
Fifty rounds later after my own repair the Magazines are staying put.